• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

šŸ¦˜Tips on How to Protect Yourself in a Transaction on O.F.

For the purposes of not getting ripped off #8 should be #1 always. #3 should be #2. That's why there is a feedback system.
Thanks for the feedback (see what I did there? ;))
I think you're right, if this is truly a funnel. I have adjusted my list after considering your point of view, but it is still a compromise, as Paypal G & S is one of the final steps in a sale. I've personally had some trouble with G & S, so PayPal itself is not fool-proof either.

Updated 25th April, 2020, by @cacatman

General Tips That May Help You:-
  1. Only buy from people who post in the "What Oakleys Are You Wearing Today" Thread (tip from @Litos)
  2. Keep your ear to the ground and talk to long time members here for advice

Have I been burned? Heck Yeah!!! And by someone who I had on my list in the past. And it kinda hurt a bit!!!! :headbang:
Have to disagree with that one, you can be a collector without wearing Oakley's (everyday)

I have a lot of Oaks, but i rarely wear them, of out fear of something might happen to them, i freak out when a small fly land on the lens LOL ....... also, the ones i have for sale have never been used.

I basically have the most of them to admire and just enjoy opening the boxes and looking at them once in a while, for wear i use Rudy Project, Adidas and Nike sunglasses. Those are actually just as expensive at the Oaks, so i don't know why i do this...... :cool: guess i still put Oakley over the others

Have to disagree with that one, you can be a collector without wearing Oakley's (everyday)

I have a lot of Oaks, but i rarely wear them, of out fear of something might happen to them, i freak out when a small fly land on the lens LOL ....... also, the ones i have for sale have never been used.

I basically have the most of them to admire and just enjoy opening the boxes and looking at them once in a while, for wear i use Rudy Project, Adidas and Nike sunglasses. Those are actually just as expensive at the Oaks, so i don't know why i do this...... :cool: guess i still put Oakley over the others
Even if you donā€™t post your face on the WOAYWT thread, I think @Litos would make an exception for you, because you post prolifically.....no, wait...

šŸ˜¬

Does this criteria applies to trades ??

So far i only have made 1 purchase here on the Forum, and the seller did trust me and the deal we made went ok.
I told him from the begining of the deal that i didnt have Paypal and he agreed that my payment was made via Postal Office Money Order, thanks a lot for your trust @iamFLIP

I guess what i am trying to say is that i too think like @Litos on doing deals whith active members or the ones who are active on the WOAYWT thread, but if i ever want to sell something here i will be more inclined to do a trade .

Thank you for trusting me even though I am not on ā€œthatā€ list.

Even if you donā€™t post your face on the WOAYWT thread, I think @Litos would make an exception for you, because you post prolifically.....no, wait...

šŸ˜¬
oh litos did once buy from me, a Radar in Houston Astros colors.......... we are both fans of that team...... now there you can talk about us being cheated :oops: ā˜¹

@cacatman your list needs revising.

5D6FAB3F-17ED-461C-B5EE-4E6E0D60244E.jpeg

Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering why people were referencing him as still on the list. I took him off months ago from the list of 30. I missed that reference. Will correct now!!!!

Ed. note update - The reason there was that list of names there was because I had to have a comma separated list for something else, and I left it there. That's not the actual whitelist.

Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering why people were referencing him as still on the list. I took him off months ago from the list of 30. I missed that reference. Will correct now!!!!

Ed. note update - The reason there was that list of names there was because I had to have a comma separated list for something else, and I left it there. That's not the actual whitelist.

Itā€™s easy to miss. Thereā€™s a lot of info in your threads!!!!