• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to prevent Sunglasses lens scratching?

SkyKye

Oakley Beginner
Just got a pair of prizm dwp about 2 weeks ago... already scratches all over the lenses i have been only cleaning them with the sgh lens cleaning solution and not dry wiping i dont know why there starching?

Just got a pair of prizm dwp about 2 weeks ago... already scratches all over the lenses i have been only cleaning them with the sgh lens cleaning solution and not dry wiping i dont know why there starching?

STARCHING OR SCRATCHING..................It`s known as impacts on the lens, you touch the surface of the lens with another solid object .......no matter how insignificant you may think it is, it may scratch. Best to to store in it the microclear bag that the pair came with and treat it with some care!

Last edited:
It sounds like operator error, unfortunately.

Rinse them off with water first to get rid of any dirt or dust. Then use your cleaning solution and wipe with a clean microfiber. It sounds like you are smearing dust or other debris into the lens. Is that possible?

This is sky Kye but on my mobile account I meant to say daily polarized here’s some Pics
sorry that you can’t see that that wellI don’t got good lighting but there’s scratches

Use a strong breath of spit-free breath first.
Only wipe if you must.
Treat your microfibre cleaning cloth like it was your “favourite toy” :spiteful:.
Shake it off before you tuck it away some place CLEAN, and shake it off again before use.
(The bottom of your pockets are filled with bits of woe)!
Most particulates will fling off and problems, solved.
Clean and rotate your wipers often too...

Back