• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Just a note about the Microfiber bags.

The microfiber bags are the best thing to use to clean your oakleys, PROVIDED they are clean! I hand wash them at least once a week, and have 2 on rotation for daily use so while one is drying i have one to use. The cloths are black, and alot of the dirt and dust that can scratch lenses are quite invisible.

Another note, be especially aware of the bags that come with pairs of sunglasses you buy second-hand. I just washed out a bag i had in storage from my Romeo1's which I bought in "rarely used" condition, and truth be told, they were in really good shape. But to my surprise, the water streaming out from under the bag when i washed it under the tap was a deep brown. I mean Strong Tea brown. He must have spilled some coffee and only had his oakley microfiber bag handy. huh. Oh well, good thing i didnt use it and its all washed now and good as new.

Just wanted to get the awareness out there and save unnecessary scratches!

PS, if you go to the beach, or get your sunnies wet with salt water, dont wipe the glasses! crystal salt will scratch your lenses, and so will sand. Rinse everything thoroughly in warm water first, and let air dry, then use a fresh microfiber to wipe it clean. Obviously wash the sandy microfiber, and check for sand.

Hope your lenses go scratch-free for a long time!

=)

You know, along with this whole topic, is chlorine bad for lens? Over the summer, I was scared of bringing them into the pool and the Oakley rep at the store wasn't much help.

You know, along with this whole topic, is chlorine bad for lens? Over the summer, I was scared of bringing them into the pool and the Oakley rep at the store wasn't much help.

I used to be a lifeguard and used my Scalpels with ice polarized every day, I never noticed any murkiness or any visual alterations in the lenses but it does appear that the blue color has lighted a little compared to ice lenses in my other frames

If I wear my glasses in a pool I make sure to rinse them thoroughly afterwards with tap water, haven't had any issues.

Also, I prefer microfiber towels to the Oakley microbags. The bags don't do very well at removing heavy sweat or smears and just seems to spread it.

If I wear my glasses in a pool I make sure to rinse them thoroughly afterwards with tap water, haven't had any issues.

Also, I prefer microfiber towels to the Oakley microbags. The bags don't do very well at removing heavy sweat or smears and just seems to spread it.

is there a particular grade of microfibre towel? ive had some but they dont feel as soft as the bags.. feels abit scratchy.. =S maybe it was wrong/larger thread size or something

is there a particular grade of microfibre towel? ive had some but they dont feel as soft as the bags.. feels abit scratchy.. =S maybe it was wrong/larger thread size or something

I found a pack of 3 at Bed Bath and Beyond that works REALLY well, they are super soft.

Recently, in a couple threads, i read about a "warm bath" for funky oaks. can anyone elaborate? are we talking submerged? any soap? lens in or out?? any other details on this type of cleaning?

Latest Posts

Back