• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Recently, in a couple threads, i read about a "warm bath" for funky oaks. can anyone elaborate? are we talking submerged? any soap? lens in or out?? any other details on this type of cleaning?

yup, i dont do 'sit and soak' method. Basically all frames except magnesium, you can pull all the rubbers off (lenses in or out is your preference but out is better), then give it a thorough soaping and wash in warm water to get all the grease and oils off. Water is pretty harmless to Oakleys.. but all that nasty sweat salt and oils, as well as hair gel etc is NASTY. I have been using warm water and regular hand soap with no problems. I just take the frame into the shower with me sometimes cos its less troublesome haha..

same thing for the rubber bits.. soap thoroughly and scrub in warm water.. you'll see them come up like new again

Did not know about the free refills on cleaning solution as stated in OP. Is this still true? If so, i'm gonna grab some! I just have some lens cleaning solution I picked up from Target one day. Never bought the Oakley one cause the price, but if it's free refills i'm so in.

Hello Oakley-Guys-&-Gals I have a silly question.

I just bought an Oakley Cleaning Kit.
I am certain its alright & proper to apply the Oakley Cleaning Kit solution on the outside-side of the lenses.
However I am uncertain if its also alright to apply the Oakley Cleaning Kit solution on the inside-side of the lens where there's Iridium?

I just wanna make sure of this before I do it.
My apologies if this question has been answered already.

I appreciate the input guys!

oakley-lens-cleaning-kit.jpg

Did not know about the free refills on cleaning solution as stated in OP. Is this still true? If so, i'm gonna grab some! I just have some lens cleaning solution I picked up from Target one day. Never bought the Oakley one cause the price, but if it's free refills i'm so in.

Yep it certainly is fishy. It is definitely worth it

Hello Oakley-Guys-&-Gals I have a silly question.

I just bought an Oakley Cleaning Kit.
I am certain its alright & proper to apply the Oakley Cleaning Kit solution on the outside-side of the lenses.
However I am uncertain if its also alright to apply the Oakley Cleaning Kit solution on the inside-side of the lens where there's Iridium?

I just wanna make sure of this before I do it.
My apologies if this question has been answered already.

I appreciate the input guys!

oakley-lens-cleaning-kit.jpg
perfectly fine. but heads up - the iridium coat is on the OUTSIDE of the lenses..

Back