• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I noticed something interesting recently and was wondering if anyone else has seen this.

I bought a older pair of crystal fives about a year ago, the lenses had "bubbling" around the edges. I replaced them with a pair of lenses from a newer pair of fives. I only wore them a handful of times then then ended up getting stored. I pulled them out recently and the newlenses were just beginning to "bubble" around the edges.

This leads me to think that something is on the frames in the slots were the lenses are that is causing this.

I noticed something interesting recently and was wondering if anyone else has seen this.

I bought a older pair of crystal fives about a year ago, the lenses had "bubbling" around the edges. I replaced them with a pair of lenses from a newer pair of fives. I only wore them a handful of times then then ended up getting stored. I pulled them out recently and the newlenses were just beginning to "bubble" around the edges.

This leads me to think that something is on the frames in the slots were the lenses are that is causing this.

Sweat,Other body chemicals all contribute to this.

That's what I figured I've just never seen this happen with some other older frames I have. I've put in lenses and they were fine. Guess I need to give everything I get a good soaking

Unless I am buying something BNIB, all glasses I buy go through a good cleaning to remove any errant DNA.

Back