• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Batwolf

Double Team
Premium Member
Portland, OR
Learn why and how to clean your Oakley sunglasses and lenses without damage!

Cleaning your Oakley sunglasses is essential to keeping them looking pristine over time. But you may be wondering about the best way to clean your Oakley glasses. Or how to clean Oakley’s new contrast-enhancing Prizm lenses. Luckily there are a few easy do’s and don’t to cleaning Oakley eyewear that will have your shades looking great for years to come.

Keep reading as we walk through what you need to know about cleaning Oakleys. Plus, the best way to clean Oakley sunglasses.

Do I Need to Clean My Sunglasses?

First, let’s start with whether you need to clean your sunglasses. The answer is a simple yes – your sweat, face oils...

Continue reading...

Attachments

• 4a79fd8aab4a8.jpg
    4a79fd8aab4a8.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 95,461
  • Oakley Lens Cleaning Kit.jpg
    Oakley Lens Cleaning Kit.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 67,116
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, thank you for this post. It helped answer a few questions.
I wear my burnquist fuel cells the most, and since summer is practically here, they have experienced some sweat, I been just using the microfiber bag and just wipe the stems clean, I have two bottles of lens cleaner and am glad sunglass hut will refill them since I'm quite far from a o store.
I try to keep them in nice shape. I also heard having o matter frames in contact with water can b harmful.

No problem, I'm glad some people will be informed by this post.

Warm water is a great alternative for those who don't have proper lens cleaning solution.

Just made this into a Sticky, great guide thanks for submitting Batwolf. This is a topic that always comes up so I think this will be extremely useful!

yoshi1984 said:
Hi, thank you for this post. It helped answer a few questions.
I wear my burnquist fuel cells the most, and since summer is practically here, they have experienced some sweat, I been just using the microfiber bag and just wipe the stems clean, I have two bottles of lens cleaner and am glad sunglass hut will refill them since I'm quite far from a o store.
I try to keep them in nice shape. I also heard having o matter frames in contact with water can b harmful.

You might want to use a different bag then the one that those ones come with. It's a lightly colored show bag that comes Bob B. Fuel Cell. They might give you one at an Oakley store or you can pick one up at a Sunglass hut. You can still use the one it came with, it's just going to get dirty quicker.

Salt water or Pool water will not hurt O-Matter, as long as you rinse them off after use. The same way you rinse the salt and pool chemicals off yourself, you need to rinse off your Oakleys. Then when you get home, clean them with the lens cleaner.

Thanks for the information. I needed this on my first pair of O's I used my shirt mostly to clean lens of sweat, dirt, fish blood, sunscreen ect and the lenses lasted 3 years so Ill take better care of my new ones.

Thanks for pointing that out OFather, I forgot to mention wearing the glasses in salt or pool water.

Just a quick note on saltwater...... If you go to the beach or have a saltwater pool make sure you wet the glasses first with warm water before doing a good cleaning on them... You will find that as the salt water dries it wil leave behind salt residual and wiping them with a cloth could scratch them. I have a pair I only wear in my pool or to the beach.

Latest Posts

Back