• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to Remove Earsocks on Oakley M2 Frame?

Tom.

Europe
I'm looking to remove the earsocks on my Oakley M2's and looking for some pointers. Is it hard, and is there any special technique to do it ? All tips are appreciated

My general method is spray the cleaner on the surfaces of the frame the socks will slide on, and the inside of the socks. It is more...tedious than your typical procedures that don't virtually go the entire length of the stem.

For removal, I start with the forward section. Make sure it's over that wider section of the frame, resulting in a bit of bunching, and then work back. Reason I do this is to avoid stretching the rubber (but it may not matter if yours is totally worn).

Installation is similar. Basically work it in progressively and be conscious of not stretching. Get that forward section in, and before moving it all the way, work the rear section on early.

Could just be my head, but this design seems really ineffective. All that rubber yet the only part of the stem gripping my head is the end really. Put it over helmet straps and that contact patch is smaller for me.

Back