• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How To Remove Glue Stains From A Box

• Thread starter marc2040
  • Start date
M

marc2040

What you need:
- Acetone-free nail enamel remover
- old sock

1. Put some enamel remover on your sock and wipe carefully in one direction till the glue becomes sticky.
2. Now use a fresh part of your sock and repeat step one.

Left glue stains / right done
hkuc8jef.jpg

Complete
ihrd4ada.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for posting this up! This should assist many members!!!!! I will make it a sticky since you have tried and succeeded with your effort!

too much like work. heat em with a hair dryer or heat gun as you are removing them...Any residue left, just use the label and "dab" at it...Sticks to the label, releases from the box, and NO smell of chemical on the paper...LOL.

too much like work. heat em with a hair dryer or heat gun as you are removing them...Any residue left, just use the label and "dab" at it...Sticks to the label, releases from the box, and NO smell of chemical on the paper...LOL.
Makes sense, when you have the label.
My box came in without the label and the glue was hardened.

oh nice. then the above also works, just grab a piece of tape. Duct Tape, normal Masking Tape, or even Box Sealing Tape...Just not LOW tack painters tape or similar...

I have had to remove label residue many times and have had continued success with White Spirit, use a tissue to remove and a dry tissue to wipe clean. You can even use this product to loosen and remove labels, an example where I have done this is to transfer a label from a lesser condition to a mint box.

I am putting this in this here as there really isn't a category to put it in and I just bought it so here it is.
I just bought this box and the previous owner must have owned a cat. Where the stickers were that were removed has tons of hair on it. Any process to get the hair and stickiness off without messing up the box
upasura6.jpg
y8ataten.jpg

If you are really patient, try pushing it off with your thumbs and fingernails, which I did with my Juliet box. If not, try a tiny amount of Goo Off.

Latest Posts

Back