• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How To Remove Glue Stains From A Box

• Thread starter marc2040
  • Start date
Ok here we go....I had this problem before and so I used heavy duty packaging tape and rolled it around itself so that its adhesive part is all around. Then I pressed down on the "sticky" residue left from previous labels and lifted it in a dabbing motion (with moderate to heavy pressure each time). After getting the loose residue there was, I then moved over to a fresher side of the tape and pressed down once again but this time lifted slowly rolling the tape parallel to the box. Doing this slowly about 10 to 15 times, will take the residue right off and the box should looks good as new without damage.

That's some real CSI stuff there! The cat hair bothered me so much I used goof off. There is discoloration where the stickers were but at least the hair is gone. Wish he would of just left the stickers.

That's some real CSI stuff there! The cat hair bothered me so much I used goof off. There is discoloration where the stickers were but at least the hair is gone. Wish he would of just left the stickers.
Lol... well hopefully someone else will use my awesome ninja style technique. I forgot to add that it will really help if you heat up the sticky residue with a blow dryer for a few seconds before doing all the steps I mentioned.

Use White Spirit on soft tissue paper, then dry off after all the residue has been removed. I have used this method on numerous occasions, sometimes to remove a whole label, then the residue, then to reapply a new label where circumstances have deemed it appropriate (Some contacts at Oakley have provided new labels for replacement). I have found nothing that can compare to White Spirit to improve box condition/presentation in these respects.

If you have a bug and tar remover solution for your car, it works extremely well in removing the adhesive label parts. This is what I use. It acts the same way as Goo Gone. Hope this helps :)

Latest Posts

Back