• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to remove the pin out???

Well thanks to everybody who advice to put whatever onto the pin in order to help sliding the pin into those holes... i liquid soap, very slippery. But i could not fit the coupler with the "F" facing forward.... it would not align everything. But when i flip the coupler, small force only and pin gets in well....
20170208_185738.jpg
20170208_185809.jpg
20170208_185827.jpg
20170208_185834.jpg

20170208_185845.jpg

the right side is very stubborn.....at least minor scratch at the back of the nose bridge after i took the pin out.....

Well thanks to everybody who advice to put whatever onto the pin in order to help sliding the pin into those holes... i liquid soap, very slippery. But i could not fit the coupler with the "F" facing forward.... it would not align everything. But when i flip the coupler, small force only and pin gets in well....
View attachment 311383 View attachment 311384 View attachment 311385 View attachment 311386

View attachment 311387
Is it safe to assume that's a 'practice' frame?

mission accomplished!!!! it was fun DYI.... but scary.... so no more DYI for me next time. the real plan was to go to OAkley headquarter and let them replace the couplers and pins, then tighten the nosebridge like the last time they did to my two XX. however, i could not find time to go there..... calculating expenses of driving and buying the parts from forum member.... about same cost.... i gain the experience though....

Is it safe to assume that's a 'practice' frame?

well i guess the previous owner tried to DYI and found out that the right side is stubborn... maybe decided to sell it here and i took the bait. but i am happy spending my time figuring out how to do this and that..... i bought C-clamp already and was planning to modify it but everybody was getting crazy here after i post the picture of that clamp. took me another 2-3 days looking to get another tools, and i found one i already tried it on my xmetal XX while inside the store. but $55 plus tax is expensive already. so just pray to God to give me wisdom and the next day, the X-man himself advice to put purell.....and instead of purell i only have liquid soap available.... all i can say to everybody is Thank you all..... my experience is priceless..... imagining i dont have the proper tool for it.

What about all the rubber sticking out, you plan to leave it like that?

yes, in due time, the rubber will get back to its original length and maybe it will not show too much. and also it will get bad and need to replace again maybe after 10 years.... nobody will pay attention to that rubber sticking out when i am going to use this oakley...unless the person i am talking too is also an Oakley freak.....am i right???

Back