• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to remove the pin out???

I only spend $25 for the couplers and pins... The tools I got is for my watch band pin remover that my friend gave to me, I bought this plastic pin remover and I modified it (useless) cost me $2 eBay from China. And I bought those needle files $11. Bought this set of star shape screw driver to replace battery of my iPhone, which can fit to Oakley screws $5 eBay from China as well....
20170208_191826.jpg

By looking at it, I can almost guarantee that side with all the rubber sticking out is not installed correctly. But if it doesn't bother you then I wouldn't worry about it. It would bother me but I am OCD about stuff like that.

read some discussion here for modification of oakley and tune ups, before oxm have his coupler, everybody was using different couplers and they have to modified the coupler before fitting into the nosebridge. thenone member said that using oxm coupler, no need to modify the rubber, and t will fit perfectly. not in my case here, i tried to put the "F" forward, the rubber is still sticking out more as it wont go in. but when i flipped it, it went in more and less sticking out......

honestly speaking, did i ruin the oakley juliet???? the only thing i forgot to buy are the orbital gaskets..... when i replaced the lens, the gaskets are not in good shape....will buy them next time when i have the fund....

honestly speaking, did i ruin the oakley juliet????

The rubber can always be redone so I don't consider that ruining the piece. The question is whether or not the nosebridge was damaged during the stuck pin fiasco, can't really tell for certain from the pics. But if it is damaged or marked, then it's certainly devalued, at least.

The rubber can always be redone so I don't consider that ruining the piece. The question is whether or not the nosebridge was damaged during the stuck pin fiasco, can't really tell for certain from the pics. But if it is damaged or marked, then it's certainly devalued, at least.

it was already devalued to $140....

I think you did a good job buddy. I wouldn't waste my time, but someone a little education is priceless. I think they are wearable as is. The lenses look great hehe.
Wear with pride until the wheels fall off!
I think I learned I won't be doing enough of the to try myself. I'll stick with the pros. The XMan is were I'd go next time!

Back