• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Yes I will post a picture later.
The crown (knob) is still connected to the stem. The crown screws into a finely threaded post. The very end of the post has a coupler that feeds into the innards of the movement.
On the very end point of the coupler the stem is also threaded. Crown + Stem + Coupler + Stem + Movement.

Thanks

@RonkPM Are you still around bud? Was trying to send PM, but inbox is full. Trying to have a icon watch looked at if anyone is willing. Gonna follow the easier stuff first.

[…] f you’re looking to pick up an original Timebomb your best bet will be in the exchange areas, where a member even sold an entire collection or eBay as Oakley no longer sells them. If you do end up grabbing one, make sure to read through this useful guide on how to repair original timebombs. […]

Hi Ronk,

I just read through that amazingly detailed instructional post on repairing the Timebomb and see that it’s probably above my skill set, I’m much better with hammers and saws than I am with delicate equipment and specialized tools.
I contacted Oakley a few years ago snd they offered to fix my timebomb under warranty but I never sent it off and would sure like to get it fixed. I don’t trust the local watch guy after he messed up another watch I took to him, do you have any suggestions where I could send this one? Do you do repairs?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

It really all depends on what actually needs to be done to it and if it is something I can tackle I can get it done in my spare time. Shoot me a message and we can talk about it.

It really all depends on what actually needs to be done to it and if it is something I can tackle I can get it done in my spare time. Shoot me a message and we can talk about it.
Thank you very much for replying to my inquiry. I’ll attempt to send you a message.
the thought of getting the Timebomb running again makes me happy, it’s just too unique to sit in a box.
Thank you,
1ABOMINABLE1

Back