• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to replace Mag Four Ear Socks that don't want to move

ElKurto

Oakley Beginner
Hello everyone,

I just added a pair of Mag Fours to my collection, and bought them knowing that one of the ear socks had a little defect in it (barely noticeable). I also bought a pair of OEM new old stock replacement ear socks at the same time. The question I have is how to remove the old ear socks as they seem pretty well stuck to the arms. I would rather not destroy the currently installed socks as they are really not bad, and could be a backup set. Does anyone have any tips for removing these things, as I tried my best to remove them, but they just won't budge!

Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone,

I just added a pair of Mag Fours to my collection, and bought them knowing that one of the ear socks had a little defect in it (barely noticeable). I also bought a pair of OEM new old stock replacement ear socks at the same time. The question I have is how to remove the old ear socks as they seem pretty well stuck to the arms. I would rather not destroy the currently installed socks as they are really not bad, and could be a backup set. Does anyone have any tips for removing these things, as I tried my best to remove them, but they just won't budge!

Thanks in advance!

Most likely the arms behind the earsocks are deteriorating making the earsocks stick to the arms. Usually you can tell because the earsocks feel bumpy or have ripples in them.

Pics would help too

Most likely the arms behind the earsocks are deteriorating making the earsocks stick to the arms. Usually you can tell because the earsocks feel bumpy or have ripples in them.

Pics would help too
I cant see any bumps or ripples in these earsocks, and I've seen pictures of the Switches or the Fours where that is happening. I have attached a few pics, thanks!
20230114_102911.jpg
20230114_102903.jpg

20230114_102803.jpg

20230114_102854.jpg

20230114_102938.jpg

Towards the end of the left one, there is a little defect, like it got caught on something at some point, it's not super noticeable, but I can see it.

Back