• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How To Replace Oakley Cipher Golf Shoe Nano Spike Pads?

tf22raptor

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys,

I've got a couple pairs of the original Oakley Cipher golf shoes and like most, the nanospike pads fell off after about 4-5 rounds.

Oakley have supplied me with some replacement pads, but no instructions on how to replace them.

The original nanospike pad have already come off, and these new replacement pads have a fluffly / velcro surface that is some how meant to connect to the shoe???

Am I missing something or is it just up to me to find a glue to glue them on?

Love the shoes but these nanospikes are a bit of a disaster.

Any help would be great

I had the same thing happen to me. At first it was just the velcro on the nanospike that had separated on my left shoe and because of the dirt/ sand on the velcro they kept falling off. I called Oakley and they sent me a new set of nanospikes free of charge...replaced the nanospikes and everything was good. Next time out, I lost 3 pads on the right shoe...this time it wasn't just the velcro that separated, but the whole pad came off!! I called Oakley back, let them know what the issue was and rep told me that they had a problem with the adhesive and they were looking into improving it. I sent the shoes back for a refund...great shoe if they could fix issue with the nanospikes.

Cheers OakleyJared you made me realise that not the entire pad has come off just the redpart/nanospike part. Velcro is still all good and attached should be just a matter of placing them on, thanks for the help!

echav23 here in Australia the customer service has been pretty good I got 2 pairs of Ciphers and they gave me replacements for both, I'll just ring them again if these new pads come off.

Back