• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to see if Juliets are for me?

Everyone keeps saying xx are bigger than juliets. Isn't the only difference between the 2 is the size of the orbitals? So unless you want bigger eye coverage they are basically the same exact thing. Am I wrong?
I think the XX are slightly wider. I would measure but my collection is still all packed up.

Most big heads cant accommodate the shorter ear stems of the XS because they dig into the side of your head, as opposed to wrapping around the back side..

That would be the one that would fit you the most awkward...

Romeo, XX and Juliets would be a better fit (in that order)...
But @IUSTEVE can't wear the R1, lol. Poor Steve! :( And I agree with your statement. I just don't know that we can convince the OP to make the jump to an R1 just yet... If I was him I'd probably go with the XX, but nothing wrong with trying out a Juliet first. If he could wear the splice, which isn't a large frame, I'd think he could wear a Juliet or XS. I guess it just depends how stretched out that splice got!

The XX seem to fit wider because of the hammerstem, Juliet hammerstems also fit wider..

The Xs is very tight at first but loosens up after about 6 month or just a few weeks if you put a slight effort in opening them up ( gently of course)

7 1/2 hat and yet Juliets work fine for me. I think a lot depends on the ratio between width of your face and total circumference of your head really - in short, no substitute for actually trying a pair on. With Juliets you can turn them around quickly for what you paid most likely, so not a lot of risk in trying if they end up not fitting/suiting you.

The temple shocks are critical too - I find 25s uncomfortably tight, 15s are just fine.

Everyone keeps saying xx are bigger than juliets. Isn't the only difference between the 2 is the size of the orbitals? So unless you want bigger eye coverage they are basically the same exact thing. Am I wrong?
I may have "assumed" they were because the way the pair I have fit me. Julies have a snugger fit than the XX's and I just assumed they were bigger but now I'm interested to know if they really are.

That thread would be more useful if the pictures weren't all jacked up and the one link that could have actual size measurements actually lead to an existing page. Would love to see actual measurements.

I'm hoping the XX I bought fit a little wider. From the pictures it looks like the XX has more wrap. Could be how tight the frames are etc tho

Back