• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to sell on here without getting scammed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. You're not listening, you're just steamrolling with generic response. If someone I sold to said they got a box full of used condoms, instead of sunglasses, I'd be S.O.L. You understand? Not that hard.
Anyone can claim that the package they received is empty or the item inside is not what was originally purchased (even when it wasn't). You have no control over the response from the buyer to try and scam you out of money and the item purchased. What @Dallas O Hog is telling you (generic as it may well be, but still the way to go) is to take plenty of photographs or even a video of you packaging up the item and labelling it and then some more of the same package when you turn it over to the post office. That way you have evidence to back up any claim. Just note that PayPal find in favour of the buyer almost every time. It's a risk you take and if you're not prepared to take it, then hang on to your item and try and sell it to someone you know won't try and f*** you over.

Anyone can claim that the package they received is empty or the item inside is not what was originally purchased (even when it wasn't). You have no control over the response from the buyer to try and scam you out of money and the item purchased. What @Dallas O Hog is telling you (generic as it may well be, but still the way to go) is to take plenty of photographs or even a video of you packaging up the item and labelling it and then some more of the same package when you turn it over to the post office. That way you have evidence to back up any claim. Just note that PayPal find in favour of the buyer almost every time. It's a risk you take and if you're not prepared to take it, then hang on to your item and try and sell it to someone you know won't try and f*** you over.

Sent from: Outer Space

How can we sell $500 sunglasses on here without buyers saying we sent them fakes and doing a chareback?

@jrock
Don't take this personally, Truthfully I'm unaware which sunglasses you're intending to sell, but before proceeding with anything maybe this would help.

(Assume it's the X Metal)
Oakley X-Metal Authenticity Checklist

Checking the Authenticity of the pair first to see if you've a genuine pair. Also take multiple photos including group shot of whatever you've and close shot of minor details of the pair.

At least this would give insight to the buyer of what they're buying and of course would help on your side if their is a PayPal dispute.

As @Dallas O Hog & @mercbezerk mention.
PayPal is the safest way to pay and is best to have proof.

Hope this helps and good luck.

How can we sell $500 sunglasses on here without buyers saying we sent them fakes and doing a chareback?

It's safer here on the forum than on eBay. I have yet to have any issues with buyers claiming I sent them an empty box and I have sold a few items above $500. As mentioned before use PayPal, take lots of pictures, sign the tape before you send it off as a "seal" type and insure the item for double just incase.

Ok so minus all the man-child ****posting responses, according to this reply, there is "nothing you can do" and I would have to "take a risk". Taking photos of me packaging up the box doesn't prove anything, I could just remove the glasses from the box and repackage it. This is a genuine concern people are making a joke over. These are $500-$1,000 transactions, people will rip people off, it's inevitable. So moral of the story is, there is no protection and every transaction is a complete risk.

you are absolutely correct - this forum relies on honour and faith between members. if you aren't willing to build this trust before you are happy doing a deal then this isn't the place for you to trade. unless, of course, the buyer is within distance of paying a visit if things go bad.

you are absolutely correct - this forum relies on honour and faith between members. if you aren't willing to build this trust before you are happy doing a deal then this isn't the place for you to trade. unless, of course, the buyer is within distance of paying a visit if things go bad.
+1

Ok so minus all the man-child ****posting responses, according to this reply, there is "nothing you can do" and I would have to "take a risk". Taking photos of me packaging up the box doesn't prove anything, I could just remove the glasses from the box and repackage it. This is a genuine concern people are making a joke over. These are $500-$1,000 transactions, people will rip people off, it's inevitable. So moral of the story is, there is no protection and every transaction is a complete risk.

Yes everything you ship is a risk but if you take pictures and you use PayPal then you have evidence that helps you if you have a problem with the buyer, the things you also can do is add tracking to the package, have them sign for it, and buy extra insurance to the value of what your mailing.

If you think taking pictures is a waste of time then all means do not take them, it's your loss! A photograph is worth 1000 words

If your that worried over shipping exspensive items then I would suggest selling local and having them pick it up or meeting them to drop it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back