• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to sell on here without getting scammed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so minus all the man-child ****posting responses, according to this reply, there is "nothing you can do" and I would have to "take a risk". Taking photos of me packaging up the box doesn't prove anything, I could just remove the glasses from the box and repackage it. This is a genuine concern people are making a joke over. These are $500-$1,000 transactions, people will rip people off, it's inevitable. So moral of the story is, there is no protection and every transaction is a complete risk.

I think you took the responses the wrong way. There is a level of humor on this forum that some people may not understand. Don't take it personal.

Out of curiosity what sunglasses are you trying to sell?

OH MY GOD! I think that waiter dropped a deuce on my meatloaf! Would pictures of the cook sliding it on my plate have prevented that?!?!

Nope.

Life's hard sometimes.

If you're that concerned with the way the forum is then just sit back and read around and learn a thing or two, it's obvious any answer we give you won't sate your excessive use of insults towards members who have bought and sold tons of "$500" sunglasses on here without a problem. I have purchased many with no altercations. It's just like going to get your car fixed, if they arnt trusted and arnt already proven trustworthy don't buy from them.

Last edited:
Good advice along with a little bit of razzing has been offered. Good luck with your battle and learn from it. Buying or selling to a individual is a risk. There are people, which seems to be increasing, who want to get over on others. It is unfortunate that you need to ask for this advice but the best thing you can do is document your case. Try to gain any proof you can when shipping a package. Having pictures or videos of the package prior to shipping could help. It is better than nothing. At the end of the day it comes down to your word against theirs. Best to have your case the strongest with any evidence possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back