• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How To Spot A Fake Jupiter Camo Frogskins?

V2oak

Oakley Man from Manila
New Jersey
Guys how can you determine a Fake Jupiter Camo Frogskins to a Legit pair? I have seen a pair that has the SKU# on the left arm next to the "Made in USA & CE" and some are on the right arm next to the "Frogskins Logo" and both has a frog etch on the lens. I also saw a pair that has a funny frog sticker on ebay. Any advice?

This is what I'm talking about a possible fake (see photos)....... so how can we determine which is legit aside from the sticker?or are these real jupiter camo? Im not a Frogskin expert so I'm calling the please Frogskins guru to chime in and enlighten me. (FYI pictures was taken from the internet)

341315_182947895114731_100001985645118_373582_236358500_o.jpg

SKU stamped on the left arm nest to the Made in USA CE logo

SKU stamped on the right arm next to the frogskins logo

5934627264_0e93716c7d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those appear to be fake I believe. Several reasons as to why, stem logos, bag tags, box labels, sticker, etc.

I don't have a JC Frog to compare to, but things I'm seeing in general that makes me think they're fake.

Those appear to be fake I believe. Several reasons as to why, stem logos, bag tags, box labels, sticker, etc.

I don't have a JC Frog to compare to, but things I'm seeing in general that makes me think they're fake.

So all of them are fake? can you post some pictures of a legit JC Frogs?

I don't own a pair of the JC, but this pair was commonly faked, and was faked very well. First step would be to weigh them and compare them to a pair you are sure of the authenticity. Also fakes are supposed to be a bit more brittle, but the bend test can end badly. I have also heard that the edges that hold the lenses in on the fakes are not nearly as clean, this can only be observed by removing the lenses.

I don't own a pair of the JC, but this pair was commonly faked, and was faked very well. First step would be to weigh them and compare them to a pair you are sure of the authenticity. Also fakes are supposed to be a bit more brittle, but the bend test can end badly. I have also heard that the edges that hold the lenses in on the fakes are not nearly as clean, this can only be observed by removing the lenses.

So how can you differentiate a fake JC Frog when you are buying through ebay? is there any way on how to tell that it is a fake JC by just looking at the pictures?

Ask the seller to send you more detailed pictures and if he refuses or can't then they are fake. From the pictures, they seem real to me. But I never buy Oaks off the internet. There is one way I go by to know if my Oaks are real or not. I buy them at a certified Oak Dealer.

Thanks for the advice and I know what you mean, but you have to understand that the JC frogskins are not available anymore at the O store or O Vault.

Back