• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to spot Fake Oakley Frogskins Thread - Warning! Fakes!

jonoyong

Inside Outlaw.
Premium Member
Singapore
Thought it would be a good idea, instead of having info about fake/replica Oakley Frogskins spread across different threads, we could have one general thread, and whoever came across a dubious pair, could upload pics, or post info about it, and see what the masses have to say. It's also a thread for us to warn fellow collectors/forum members abt definite fakes that are floating around.

Will be consolidating great information shared into this thread / post. See below:

I'm not Jono but I'll chime in with my experience. You can spot a fake a ton of ways:

- Fakes do not use O-Matter for the frames and feel much lighter than real Frogskins
- The colour of the frame is not exactly the same as real versions (particularly the Grenades are a darker olive/green from what I've seen, the Rootbeers are darker, the Purple Clears are darker, and the Marine Fades are darker - however, they are getting better.)
- The finish quality is not as good, particularly the logo on the earstems, the colour finish doesn't go all the way to the edge/is messy on the raised Oakley logo
- The model numbers printed on the inside of the earstems will not match the model number on real versions
- The lenses are normally bigger/won't fit real Frogskins frames
- The microbags will not have a quality finish/stiching is loose
- The warranty/paperwork has spelling mistakes on it
- The printing on the back of the box has spelling mistakes in it
- The box does not come with a sticker with the barcode, SKU number, and production date on it
- Some have an 'Authenticity' card but Frogskins never come with an authenticity card
- Some have a cleaning cloth in addition to the microbag, but Oakley never issue cleaning cloths with Frogskins

As for sellers, check their feedback score on eBay, check their location, ask them questions and if their replies are evasive or non-specific, walk away. If in doubt, show us here and with our collective knowledge we should be able to tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
my my. i didn't take a proper look at this guy's album. fake Colettes as well. just when ya thought ya have seen them all.

Fake Berrics

30413728685067467832210.jpg

Fake Colettes.

edit: forgotten to add: seller from M'sia on FB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp, that answers my question from my other thread.

yeah they are everywhere nowadays. there's a saying, "if the deal is too good to be true, it probably is"

just as long as you get your stuff from reputable sources, you should be fine, even if you have to spend more on them. just my opinions. =)

What annoys me is I usually follow that saying all the time. But I spent $110 on these, which would put them at a somewhat realistic price point. ( not like i got them for $15-$30)

What annoys me is I usually follow that saying all the time. But I spent $110 on these, which would put them at a somewhat realistic price point. ( not like i got them for $15-$30)

have you managed to get a dead certain confirmation that it is indeed a fake?

Back