• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to spot Fake Oakley Frogskins Thread - Warning! Fakes!

Any time my friend. I like the elite lenses they are a bit expensive but the clarity is remarkable.

Does it actually make a difference? I was gonna go with elite but it's twice the price and I didn't know if it was worth it

I personally like them better than the regular revant lenses however they are definitely still not OEM. I basically bought them just because of the color

I am pretty sure this has been discussed several times . I am new to frogskins and learn everyday something new . Buying from eBay is always a risk but sometimes u see something that catches ur eye and its not readily available but getting sold at eBay that you don't wana pass .

Besides asking several question about the product is there any solid way or guidelines just by looking at the pics that u can spot real or fakes . ??
There certainly is. Most frogskin fakes have oakley across the center of the orbital and an o printed on one of the lenses in the top corner. There are also a number of specific pairs that get faked alot. The Matte red with grey polished clear with Violet and matte black with Violet to name a few. There may be certain degrees of quality fakes. Of course the really bad ones are easy to spot with bad paint on the factory pilot logo and those printed oakley orbitals. The key thing to look for is the sku and if it lines up with the color way. Of course not all frogs have sku numbers most do. Keep with the sku and check O review before purchasing anything. I myself have only purchased one fake. It was in the beginning of my collection stages and I believe it was the second pair of frogs I bought. It was a decent fake. Matte red with grey. The difference was the sku. I can't remember what was printed but I remember the number on the fake was for some Grey frame and not for a Matte red. In the end the lenses were thicker and obviously not a good as true oakley. Also oakley lenses would not fit. I was able to return it and get a refund and I truly believe the seller just didn't know so I left good feedback as a return. Most faked posted on ebay the sellers are unaware of the fact so if you see one. Just send a message. I do that quite a bit. Some thank and some the opposite.

Good luck.

I just thought I could share this information as no one helped on this thread from years back.

If anyone on the forum needs assistance in spotting a potential fake I'd be more than happy to help.. I can spot them so easily now.

Regards

Brian

@sOuLfUlFoRg

Very cool, Brian. Thank you in advance for helping out the entire community with this post. With the amount of fakes out there now, and many "quality" ones at that, I don't think any of us are immune to getting one. If not yet...eventually.

Your post helps. :hi:

@sOuLfUlFoRg

Very cool, Brian. Thank you in advance for helping out the entire community with this post. With the amount of fakes out there now, and many "quality" ones at that, I don't think any of us are immune to getting one. If not yet...eventually.

Your post helps. :hi:
No problemo Doug. I've gotten extremely well at spotting the fake brooks too so please feel free to contact me.

Back