• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to store your Oakley's when it's hot outside.

Electronaut

Oakley Enthusiast
USA
How do you guys store your Oakley's for example inside a hot car if you can't take them with you? I've heard others say the iridium coating can bubble or peel if they are in a hot car too long. Especially people in areas like Florida, @QLR1. Thanks.

How do you guys store your Oakley's for example inside a hot car if you can't take them with you? I've heard others say the iridium coating can bubble or peel if they are in a hot car too long. Especially people in areas like Florida, @QLR1. Thanks.
In a nice cool castle. :)

I usually have multiple pairs with me during the week. My everyday work pair is always with me. The others I keep in a small insulated lunch cooler on the floor of my locked personal truck with my wallet and house keys. The condo/apartment complex I work at is not the kind of neighborhood where you carry valuables with you.

I usually have multiple pairs with me during the week. My everyday work pair is always with me. The others I keep in a small insulated lunch cooler on the floor of my locked personal truck with my wallet and house keys. The condo/apartment complex I work at is not the kind of neighborhood where you carry valuables with you.

Well that't not smart. If someone breaks into your truck, they know where you live AND have your house keys lol...

Can't store them with me during summer. Days I work, I'll take all pair with me however many I have. If I'm not working I'll only take one pair based on the forecast for the day and will keep them with me all day long.

Excessive heat will ruin lenses and and could ruin the frames

Back