• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How To Tell Iridium From Non Iridium?

onedaymyfriend

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys, this could possibly be the most ridiculous question anyone has asked on here; but how can I tell 100% if my Custom Batwolfs have the black iridium polarized lenses that I ordered?

The only reason i ask is that my old (now lost) Custom Antix had the black iridium polarized lense and seemed almost mirrored compared to my Batwolfs lense.

Any advice would be much appreciated...

D~

check out this pic. Top pair is grey, bottom pair is black iridium. Notice how much more mirrored the bottom pic is.
he6yny5u.jpg

There are several polarization tests you can look up. To know whether you got Grey Polarized or Black Iridium Polarized... it'll be tricky if you've got nothing to compare it to since the regular Grey lenses will still have some reflection to them.

Does the Batwolf have a Grey Polarized option? If not I'd say there's not much doubt. If it has both you'll need to check the iridescence or brilliance to the surface and judge if you've got iridium or not.

The best way to tell if you have an iridium lens is to look at the front of the lens while cupping your hand behind the back of the lens, so no light can get in through the back. If you can't see your hand at all, they are iridium.

Latest Posts

Back