• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to tell original xx plasma?

I am thinking some of the Xmetals that have no serail could have been Rx also. Who would were A Rx X squared :confused: you ask @Dallas O Hog that's who and the crazy homeless offering to wash your car windshield with newspaper and water for a dollar,:eek: or are they one and same:D.How do you think Hog has been getting his Oakley funds as of late:p

the warranty pair i had was a first gen plasma finish like those from first gen juliet. If it's a late gen XX plasma then chances are it's a refinished pair than a warranty. I personally won't value a late gen non-serial XP anymore than a custom plasma XX.

the warranty pair i had was a first gen plasma finish like those from first gen juliet. If it's a late gen XX plasma then chances are it's a refinished pair than a warranty. I personally won't value a late gen non-serial XP anymore than a custom plasma XX.

Which means it has casting marks and bone finish?

Which means it has casting marks and bone finish?
In my experience of plasma XX's, numbers below the 4K mark approximately, would likely have a coating not dissimilar to the first generation plasma Juliet, but also not the same. Numbers higher than this would not. Casting marks you won't have as they had moved on from the sand casting method. The finish was 'coated' and was susceptible to wear and discolouration, but was not as white as the bone finish (first gen) Juliet, nor as smooth.
Again, this is my experience over the years and I have seen numerous pairs - early and late.

So, they did have Bone finish on the very low Plasma XX's also........didn't know that. So need to get 4k or lower serial.................hpfffffffffff

So, they did have Bone finish on the very low Plasma XX's also........didn't know that. So need to get 4k or lower serial.................hpfffffffffff
Not exactly a bone finish - but a coating which wasn't quite as white as the Juliet and without the smoothness also. They do appear much whiter than a later pair though, but look out for signs of wear to the frame on these.

Here are a few bad pics of a sub 4k complete set
IMG_2005.JPG
IMG_2009.JPG
IMG_2010.JPG
IMG_2016.JPG