• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to the X-Squared Measure Up?

Esscaster

Oakley Expert
Colorado
Hey All,

Looking into getting a pair of X-Squared to use at normal eyeglasses so looking for it to slip on and off comfortably without feeling tight or too large.

My go-to sunglasses for the last 15 years or so have the Romeo 1s. I heard here on the forum that people don't usually grab it because they find it too large or because their nosebridge doesn't adjust. With my big head though I find they fit like a glove, and the Juliets I have always seem to be a bit of a pinch. Wondering how the X-Squared fit in relation to the Romeo 1s and Juliets?

Thanks as always!

I think they are a tiny bit smaller than an R1, but they are definitely larger than a Juliet. They are about the size of a Batwolf.

The XS earstems are much shorter than R1, so they grip your head differently. Some don't mind while others, like me, find it annoying.

"tightness" is always going to be subjective because of the condition of the glasses you get, BUT, my NIB XS fit TIGHTER around my head than either of my NIB Juliets did....

instead of splitting the ear stems and sliding them straight onto my head, I put my glasses on by placing the ear stems at the top of my head and them setting the ear stems down onto my temples......

that way, it minimizes how much you're pulling the ear stems apart......

just get the XS, they're super nice......

Last edited:
Like you, the R1 has been my go to pair for a very long time. I use the 15 temple shocks and they fit like they were made for me.

A BN XS fit much tighter, and became uncomfortable after about an hour. The ear stems would dig into my head in a way that was different than the R1s fit, and like others have mentioned the ear stems of the XS are shorter, which I did not like. I have since sold and traded my XS pairs away for more R1s and now have multiple pairs that suit me best.
I hope this helps.

BTW, the XS ear stems are not interchangable with other X metals, in case you wondered.

Just to echo everyone else here. I have wore Juliets for 15 years and XX for 10, so I figured X-Squared would be another great fit. They were tighter on my head width wise and the shorter arms dug into my head very uncomfortably, to the point I had to take them off after an hour or so. I think if the stems were a bit longer the width would have been fine and I could have gotten used to it. Sucks because I love the way they look.

Xs fit is tight but given time to loosen up it fits like a glove, not Oj gloves at that. The earstems are quite sharp at the points so putting them on takes practice. Overall a fantastic pair of shades!! Tight is right!

Back