• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How To Verify Original Oakleys

washi me sensie

The Oakley Rōnin
hey guys,

im glad to know that there are so many who are also addicted to oakley. my friends thought it was kinda silly of me in collecting oaks (since they are expensive.) started my collection last january and i have 8 pairs now. anyway im here in qatar and one day i was visiting a sunglass store and one of their employees told that the glasses im wearing are fake (hoolbrook red). i told him i purchased it in one store too and searched for the design in oakley.com and it was there. so my question is, could i verify if my oakleys are original by looking at the serial number and sending them to oakley.com? or is there any other way? thanks guys!

How about you post a picture of it and some of us can usually tell from a pic if they're real. My experience has been that even sunglass store workers don't always know much about Oakleys.

How about you post a picture of it and some of us can usually tell from a pic if they're real. My experience has been that even sunglass store workers don't always know much about Oakleys.

So true, I was in a Solstice today, and the salesman told me that original Oil Drums and Oil Drum 2s still get shipped to them weekly. They had black Oil Drums and Matte Black and Rootbeer Oil Drum 2s for $150 and I asked them they they were on clearance.

well.. considering the O-vault guy mistook my Penny for a Juliet... i wouldnt trust store reps. not saying there arent good ones out there, but alot are just part time highschoolers/Uni students who stand there for the $20 an hour..

$20 an hour??? I would love to be a rep for that! Worked part time all through high school for $10.50 :(. I don't know if this is true or not, but a lot of my Oak's have an O at the end of the arms. No idea if this is just standard for plastic wear or part of Oakley's stamp. Could also tell by the lenses. Fake Oakley lenses can't compare to the amazing Oakley ones haha.

$20 an hour??? I would love to be a rep for that! Worked part time all through high school for $10.50 :(. I don't know if this is true or not, but a lot of my Oak's have an O at the end of the arms. No idea if this is just standard for plastic wear or part of Oakley's stamp. Could also tell by the lenses. Fake Oakley lenses can't compare to the amazing Oakley ones haha.

haha australia has minimum wage laws ;)

and what do you mean by small 'O's at the end of arms? photos? i never noticed..

I think they're noticeable on the Lifestyle frames only. I don't know...I always see these O's at the end of the arms. The store rep told me that's one indication they are real Oakley's lol. (Bought my first Gascan's online a year ago, thought they were fake). When I get off work I can try and capture pictures. I don't see them on my M Frames though.

Best way to make sure they're legit: Go to an Oakley Dealer! Shell out that extra cash for authentic items.

I think they're noticeable on the Lifestyle frames only. I don't know...I always see these O's at the end of the arms. The store rep told me that's one indication they are real Oakley's lol. (Bought my first Gascan's online a year ago, thought they were fake). When I get off work I can try and capture pictures. I don't see them on my M Frames though.

Best way to make sure they're legit: Go to an Oakley Dealer! Shell out that extra cash for authentic items.

yeah i think its a lifestyle frame thing.. my four O-matter frames (HJ, Radar, Old Zero 0.4, New Zero) all dont have O's i can see..

Back