• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How To Wear Romeo 1.0 While Avoiding The Infamous Stress Cracks

freakface

Oakley Expert
HOUSE, ASIA
hi, would just like to share a little something i learned while researching on romeo 1.0s. not sure if most of you know how but it seems to always be good info, so here goes....

first of all, i had to shave my head. this minimizes or deletes the possibility of the lenses getting scratched on the inside.

basically you wear them like your girlfriend or sister (or wife) would wear a hairband, only on reverse. you start with the oaks with the lenses on top of your head, while the end of the are stems are behind your ears. with the end of the ear stems acting like a hinge, you slide the lenses down to the front of your face trying not to let the lenses touch your hair (thus the shaved head). this way minimizes the need to open the ear stems and flex the not-perfected coupler system of the romeo 1.0s, and in turn the lenses will not crack. you take it out the same way you would wear a a hair band.

wearing the romeo 1.0 through the front of the face would give stress on the coupler because you open the arms out wide and thus create the cracks. i also ready that you can change the lenses to after market which are thinner than original oakley romeo 1.0 lenses but what is the point.

if you have any questions i will try to answer them the best i could.

just wanted to give a little information not readily available in the stores.

happy new year guys....

Soooo, You shaved your head to wear the Romeo 1???? Hmmmm, I have been wearing mine for years never scratched them, never had a stress crack, and I never shaved my head...

I refer to this as the goggle technique. I've been using it on ALL my X Metals for over a decade now as it not only avoids stress fractures on the Romeo 1 but nosebridge loosening on flex coupler models. And unless your hair is the consistency of grass, it won't do anything to the lenses...though I do shave my head its to hide my thinning hair

Hey try it the other way. It's the way I put on my Juliet's. Put the nose bridge on the slide the earstems from top of you head to your ears. The arms don't even stretch out that way.

I'm looking at buying a pair of Romeo's where should I get him to take pictures for stress cracks?

Inside or outside the lenses depending on the light. The stress cracks occur at the points where the lens orbitals screw together.

actually my hair is pretty thick which will definitely scratch the lenses. and when my hair grows, i out wax to style it, which is what will mess with the lenses. bawitdaba is also correct in wearing it the reverse way of how i described. just hope it help others to be able to wear romeo 1.0s more. they are awesome....

Back