• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How To?

obiwan

Oakley Enthusiast
I had a pair of R2's waiting for me when I returned home last night, the lenses were not installed tightly or correctly it seemed. I removed the set screw and rubber and now, I cannot get the lens to set correct to install the rubber and screw. Searched google for a video but found nada. Any tips?

I have done these numerous times with no issues.

1. Spray the rubber gasket with 1 squirt of lens cleaner.

2. Install the nose piece side of the lens first

3. As you begin to install the temple side, put the gasket into the notched part of the lens

4. Slide the lens into the frame, use a toothpick to grab at the gasket through the set screw hole and continue sliding it until the lens fully seats into the frame.

5. Reinsert set screw.

Important.... The set screw is designed to go through the center of the gasket, dont get it caught on the edge otherwise you will crush the gasket when tightening. If you have an issue PM me and maybe I can send you a video on talk with you and walk you through it.....

I don't know if the issue is the aftermarket lenses but, there is no room for the set screw and the rubber. If I just use the set screw it is tight, lens does not shift around.

I wonder where the problem is. I changed mine a few times with little to no efforts. Just make sure the rubber gasket lines up with the screw hole with a toothpick. I've done OEM and VL lenses easily.

The rubber cannot be centered with a tooth pick, soon as I release pressure it shifts back and I cannot get the set screw in again without crushing the rubber.

Sounds like its due to the lenses being aftermarket. I have tried aftermarket in mine also. I use the rubber gasket and it works fine.

Back