• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How/Why Did You Start Collecting Oakleys?

I was riding mountain bikes and racing motocross in the early-mid 90s. Everyone wore them to ride MTB. The goggles weren't as big in moto, so I wore them to be a little different. They slowly broke, got smashed, lost etc. Then in early 2000s I had kids, couldn't really afford them any more. Eventually bought a pair of e-wires and another pair (eye jackets maybe, I forget). Lost the e-wires when they flew out of my handlebar bag on my Harley at about 80 mph in Jacksonville on the highway. Few years later, we went to the Oakley store at the National Harbor outlets and they had a big sale going where you scratched off a discount. I got 50% off, so custom Flak 2.0s for me, half jackets for my oldest daughter and quarter jackets for my youngest daughter. Not as broke as I was in the 90s, no other real hobby, so started collecting.

Last edited:
I found some frogskins on the beach in high school. Giant lens scratch and all but I wore them a lot. Bought several pairs later in life to wear and then was able to get some pairs through my relative’s eye care shop. Wish I would have taken better advantage of that. I’m just now realizing how many pairs I’ve lost over the years.

When I went out to Oz for a year, I figured, I had three times the exchange rate in Oz dollars and needed some good eye protection. This being in 2K, I wandered into a shop that sold Os, and was bombarded by all these amazing designs. I plumped for the Carbon New Straight Jackets. Walking out of the store, I felt like the Dogs Tadgers when I put them on, noticing just how light they cut out. Shortly after, I visited the store again and ended up with a pair of Romeos . So my collecting began in earnest : 396 pairs now and counting.

Last edited:
Most of the rich kids in Highschool were wearing juliets and pennys. I couldn't afford it in HS but got 1 juliet plasma/fire in college then sold it. After that i just missed wearing juliets and of course fell in love with penny and romeo as well

Latest Posts

Back