• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Howdy from AZ

hohle

Oakley Beginner
Hey All.

I'm relatively new to the Oakley world. In the 90s I really liked the style, but knew I'd lose or break a pair, so never really thought about getting some. In 2003 I saw some of the original X Metal Romeo's at an Oakley pop-up in San Diego and was blown away. Still, they were way out of my price range.

A few years ago, I bought some knock off Juliets to see if it was something I'd be interested in. Then I dipped my toes into the water with some Flak Jackets, and then some Half Jackets. A few months ago I stumbled on some Romeo 2s complete with vault that I couldn't pass up, and finally have my X Metals. I still think I like the Juliet style the best, but the Romeo 2s are fantastic (except for parts availability!!).

Unless something happens, I think I'm set for the frames I have. I'm hoping to have a few decades between the three pairs I have. My use is pretty pedestrian - driving, running, biking, shooting. As a later-in-life sunglass wearer, I'm happy to have found several frames that fit well and look awesome.

Anyway, happy to be here.

Welcome fellow Arizonian!
tombstone-laugh.gif

Back