• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Howdy From Colorado

El Guapo

Oakley Beginner
Colorado
Hello all,

Just wanted to drop a quick note and let you all know that I'm glad I'm not the only Oakley fanatic. Actually, I feel more like a normal person as compared to some of the serious fanatics on here.

Quick background: I am military and became a loyal Oakley customer when a pair of ballistic M frame 2.0s saved my left eye in Iraq back in 2009. Since then I have purchased a plethora of Oakleys, mainly Flak Jackets, but do have two Radars and have a pair of Splinters on the way.

El Vato

HOWDY back to Colorado

good that you got an oakley back in 2009 :eek:)
hope to see some pics from your glasses.

BriP: No, I haven't posted what happened on Oakley...but there are so many. Bottom line is I was manning our .50 cal on our lead MRAP when something hit my M frames on the left side. If it wasn't for them, my eye would have been punctured just above my eyesocket bone.

Oakleynerd: I am glad we all got them. I'll have to get my Oakleys together for a group pic so I can post it.

BriP: No, I haven't posted what happened on Oakley...but there are so many. Bottom line is I was manning our .50 cal on our lead MRAP when something hit my M frames on the left side. If it wasn't for them, my eye would have been punctured just above my eyesocket bone.

Oakleynerd: I am glad we all got them. I'll have to get my Oakleys together for a group pic so I can post it.

yeah absolutely, i was in the army too. had a stray 5.56 cartridge eject from the next lane at range, good thing it hit my cheek. only got oakleys after that..

Welcome to the boards man. Funny I am in the military as well and from Colorado. Well I am stationed in Missouri now. Are you at Peterson, Buckley, or Ft. Carson?

SpliceD: Thanks man, we all greatly appreciate all the thanks.

jiveSEVEN: I got a pretty cool assignment that doesn't have me tethered down to one spot...though I am Army, I'm not at Carson. But I do get to visit all sorts of nondescript buildings around town for various meetings and such. Its one of those jobs that I can't believe exists...too bad I'm PCSing next summer. I can't say I've loved every job I've ever had in the Army, but I do love this one.

I have been looking on Standard Issue.com over the past two nights, and my mouth is drooling over the new stuff...Radars, Split Jackets, flag printed bags, even the Commit line for my wife.

You got a pretty sweet deal then. Aww you're PCSing though? I am actually trying to get back to Buckley or Peterson. Welcome to the boards!

Back