• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Howdy, Intro & Questions About Parts, Repairs ...

Welcome to the forum and nice of you showing the details of your pair. By the way XM XX replacement lenses are still available at the website here is the link Oakley X METAL XX REPLACEMENT LENSES - Purchase Oakley eyewear from the online Oakley store
Can you show us a step by step on how to remove the pins?

Thanks for the link! I could've sworn I saw X-M XX lenses still on Oakley, but couldn't find them again (then inadvertently found those non-X metal versions :) )

Maybe on the next pair I can, but it was really just: 1) align tiny punch on front of rivet 2) give it several solid taps from a rubber mallet 3) pull them out from the inside with needlenose pliers.

The danger is damaging the rivet, damaging the hole, scratching the nose piece ... and then on the assembly side the rivet/hole being funked up resulting in a loose nose piece.

So since I apparently lack the ability to find OEM lenses, are Romeo 2.0 still available from Oakley? Going from the link above and just looking through the available lenses I don't see them. Might wind up with 3rd party on them, I guess the major suppliers are Visionary, Walleva and Linegear

Are you looking for Romeo 2 glasses or replacement lenses? well anyway both are discontinued already from oakley and it is impossible to come by a pair of replacement lenses. Its up to you if you want to use Non-OEM lenses, because for me I only use and trust Oakley OEM lenses and I never use aftermarket parts. Since you are a very technical person I think you can cut your own lens. We have a thread here that guides you on how to do it. I tried it already and it is fun. Another option is you can ask somebody to cut it for you professionally, we have a very creative members here that can give you a professional service for your glasses. You can PM Dr. Chop and ask him to cut lens for you.

Sorry, in re-reading I realize that wasn't clear, just lenses. I hear you about using OEM, I'm almost aways about using original parts when it's an option, but I might still try a set of aftermarket for the Romeo 2s, since they're reasonably inexpensive and I'm definitely going OEM with the other two pairs.

just wondering if anybody can help me. i have a pair of Oakley juliet sunglasses that i got as a Graduation gift a few years back. I needed to replace the nose gaskets so i bought some and took them to a eyeglass place where i live, they said they would take out the old rivets for me so i could replace the gaskets. the first rivet came out fine but when they put the glasses in the press to remove the second rivet, it broke the nose bridge. since they were not going to charge me, they are not liable for breaking it. does anybody have an extra nose bridge i could buy? if so you can text me at 989-202-5358. thanks

just wondering if anybody can help me. i have a pair of Oakley juliet sunglasses that i got as a Graduation gift a few years back. I needed to replace the nose gaskets so i bought some and took them to a eyeglass place where i live, they said they would take out the old rivets for me so i could replace the gaskets. the first rivet came out fine but when they put the glasses in the press to remove the second rivet, it broke the nose bridge. since they were not going to charge me, they are not liable for breaking it. does anybody have an extra nose bridge i could buy? if so you can text me at XXXXXXXXX. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
just wondering if anybody can help me. i have a pair of Oakley juliet sunglasses that i got as a Graduation gift a few years back. I needed to replace the nose gaskets so i bought some and took them to a eyeglass place where i live, they said they would take out the old rivets for me so i could replace the gaskets. the first rivet came out fine but when they put the glasses in the press to remove the second rivet, it broke the nose bridge. since they were not going to charge me, they are not liable for breaking it. does anybody have an extra nose bridge i could buy? if so you can text me at 989-202-5358. thanks

With a broken nosebridge you're most likely ****ed. But, if you follow the rules and get access to the exchange...

Exchange Guidelines | Oakley Forum

... then you can post a WTB there. But buying/selling in discussion threads is not allowed.

And if you find yourself with another Juliet needing a tuneup in the future, we recommend sending them to our member @THE X-MAN to avoid repeating the bad experience; his work is stellar.

Welcome to the forum. You are amongst X-Metal friends here. Great first post. You seem really handy, and innovative. You will get some great tips here if you keep hanging around.

Welcome! I'm sure you'll enjoy your time on here and there are some top drawer folks too :)

Back