• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How's about some Kandy...

Dr. Chop, I called your shop and left you a message about turn around time on a Cerakoting my Pit Bulls Graphite Black.
I think I'd prefer Armor Black.
Any way, get back to me or PM me if you could.
Thank you Sir!!

Dr. Chop, I called your shop and left you a message about turn around time on a Cerakoting my Pit Bulls Graphite Black.
I think I'd prefer Armor Black.
Any way, get back to me or PM me if you could.
Thank you Sir!!
email is easiest. I actually don't use the phone at all. Takes too much time and at least via email I have a physical train of what was to be done lol. Rather than trying to remember or take notes and such...Also, I don't have armor black on hand. Not really a big difference between it and graphite. Nothing that can't be adjusted at my end anyway, and finishes are whatever you prefer. Cerakote can be mixed in Matte (heavy grip texture), Satin which is less satin that you would assume as it has no real sheen to it, and Semi Gloss, which is more like satin in the real world. Also, even though they say those are the potential finishes, be aware that it really doesn't apply to plastics or their metallic finishes. Satin yes, but Semi Gloss is tougher. It requires more heat than the plastics can really take to yield any shine. The metallics are very coarse, so they just never yield anything over what is really matte anyway.

Ok, cool!
I'll email you later this evening.
I'm good with Satin Graphite Black.
Do you remove and reapply the Icons?

Ok, cool!
I'll email you later this evening.
I'm good with Satin Graphite Black.
Do you remove and reapply the Icons?
No problem...Ya, I do remove the icons and reapply. If they require the adhesive tape to be replaced, I do that as well. Not with the typical off the shelf double sided scotch tape "permanent" it says lol. It will work, don't get me wrong, but I have some tape that is more along the lines of what Oakley uses from 3M...It was about $45 for a roll lol, but it's damn strong stuff.

Back