• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Htrap's Little Collection

htrap2294

Clap Guru
Premium Member
San Diego, CA
A year ago, I joined this forum looking to sell my Polished Juliet or fix it up. At the time, I had some idea that it was a Juliet but I didn't know what type, colorway, etc. After a bit of forum trolling...err, welcoming, I was able to source some nosebombs from @dingo ate my baby to replace the ones that I had lost. Then, I was looking for someone to repolish and tune my Juliets and that's where @zwc0442 came along. He got me settled for a good price and since then, we've become good friends.

From the Polished Juliet, my next purchase was Ferrari Carbon Blades...which I sold again, as I didn't like them as much as I thought I would. From there, I bought a PBII, Tinfoil, Flak 2.0, and eventually a PBI. Again, sold the PBII and PBI. Instead, I obtained an XX TIO2 and a XX Plasma @Skyler . From there, I eventually traded the XX TIO2 to another XX Plasma. One of the XX Plasmas, I traded to a NIB Complete Plasma R1 @Serhat (the XX Plasma at that point had some expensive upgrades). And from there, I obtained a PBI RB and another XX TIO2.

So, in the end, I had to go thru quite a number of frames to figure out what I like and what I didn't like. At this point in time, I have a few O-Matters and a small, but tasteful choice of X-Metals. I tried to hold strong and do with one pair, but like all of you said, X-Metals multiply in number..

So, without further adieu, here is my current collection (minus O-Matter and Juliet, don't have the stands to display those nor do I want to). The XX Plasma has some Ice Iridium Polars coming in, whilst the XX TIO2 has some Chrome Iridium Polars coming in:

041C6247-A37E-491A-B91C-B36507EE8853.jpeg

Collection Update 8/4/2018, w/ a Persol Steve McQueen:
908D3489-2AC9-4ED8-A1B0-2A43C58C4302.jpeg

Collection Update 2/4/2019:
collection.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice collection, bro.

I try to keep my numbers low and give all my shades some face time.

I have broken the rules of late and the spiral into Double/Triple wides is imminent unless I kerb my enthusiasm/addiction....

Yep, currently, I feel like this number of X-Metals I can wear them all. The other benefit is they don't become a hassle to clean so you can avoid dust scratches. It's nothing compared to people's collections but still a long way from a single polished Juliet.

Furthermore, all of those shades are futureproofed...got a truckload of Juliet rubber, lenses (even OEM non custom cut ones for the PBI), and R1 rubber kits. So I can wear them as much as I want.

Back