• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

HydroPrinting Oakley Fast Jackets

Mark(Saffa)

Oakley Enthusiast
I have a pair of worn Fast Jackets that I plan on having reprinted. I need to take the frame apart but I can't seem to figure out how to remove the switch lock mechanism. I don't want to force and break the mechanism. Any help and advice would be appreciated as I've seen a few pairs of Fast Jackets been modified on this forum before.

You have to push out the pins that hold the switchlock in place. Use a tiny screwdriver, pick, or even a paperclip, and push that sucker through. You have to make sure you're pushing from the correct side though, or your efforts will prove futile (sorry, I don't have a pair infront of me, so I don't remember which side you push from). Also, make note of which way the pin came out, so you can be sure to put it back in the correct way. It will be tough to do the first time, but once you understand how it works, it's pretty easy.

Did you get it worked out? Let me know if you're still having trouble and I can check out one of my pairs when I get home and give some more detailed directions.

I'm looking at doing a hydroprint on a pair of Fast Jackets I just got as well, so would be interested in knowing which way the pin slides out. Thanks.

If you look on the inside of the arm the pin has a dimple and gets pushed out from there. As I was told, it is quite easy to get out. Just requires a bit of presure. Thanks for the help once again guys. Really appreciated.

OK, so here's some more detailed instructions.

1) Open the switchlock mechanism. If the switchlock isn't in the open position, you won't be able to remove the pin holding it in place.
2) Locate the silver metal pin that connects the switchlock lever to the frame.
3) Look closely at the pin. You will notice that the end of the pin on the inside of the frame is concave, and the outer side is flat.
3) From the inside of the frame, push the pin with a micro screwdriver head, pick, paperclip, etc. Whatever you use needs to be firm enough that it will not bend when you apply pressure. It must also be small enough to fit into the hole that holds the pin. Work in an area where you're not going to loose the pin if it goes flying. You REALLY don't want to lose that lil guy.
4) Push the pin until it pokes through the front side of the frame. You can either leave it in with enough clearance to remove the switchlock, or you can push it all the way out.
5) Remove the switchlock mechanism.
6) To reassemble, put the switchlock back in place and reinsert the pin. I would recommend reinstalling the pin from the inside of the frame as it's easier to push from the concave side. It can be pushed back from the front/flat side as well, but you run a greater risk or your pushing device jumping off the pin and possibly scratching the frame. Either way will work, but make sure the concave side of the pin is facing the inside of the frame, or you won't be able to get it back in.
7) Close the switchlock and enjoy!

Hey Mark - you want to change the title of the post to "Removing Fast Jacket Switchlock" or something similar, so people can find this info more easily?

Back