• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hyper Green Lenses

Not all lenses are created equal. You can say I'm wrong, but it doesn't change the facts. I understand you still want to wear your older pairs with new lenses. I don't forward to when my pairs don't have lenses anymore. I try to stock up on lenses so they will last as long as possible. What I won't do is put inferior lenses into them because I want some pretty color that wasn't available in the past. The are two main things that make Oakley .....Oakley. Art and Science. It's been a tag line in Oakley History. If you take out the science of the Oakley Lenses, and replace it with something substandard. They cease to be Oakley.

Not all lenses are created equal. You can say I'm wrong, but it doesn't change the facts. I understand you still want to wear your older pairs with new lenses. I don't forward to when my pairs don't have lenses anymore. I try to stock up on lenses so they will last as long as possible. What I won't do is put inferior lenses into them because I want some pretty color that wasn't available in the past. The are two main things that make Oakley .....Oakley. Art and Science. It's been a tag line in Oakley History. If you take out the science of the Oakley Lenses, and replace it with something substandard. They cease to be Oakley.

I dont see whats wrong with aftermarkets as stand-ins, especially when 1. most of our pieces are display pieces and not getting worn, 2. originals are unavailable, 3. it is a color we want. not saying the quality is up to par or anyhting; we accept that, understand its nowhere near the OEM quality. but there is a validity for cheap stand-in lenses while we look for suitable replacements or get custom cuts made.

I think THIS is more what I want....this is Linegears Greenjade. Only thing is Exovista is $27 and Linegear is $82

Welcome to Flickr!

haha yeah linegear is supposed to be optically much better than the other aftermarket brands, but at that kind of price, its silly. may as well throw in a couple more scripts for custom cuts..

This is why from here on I'm just gonna get my lenses cut from other lenses.

Chop is gonna be cutting me some G26 lenses for my Fuel Cell.

You can argue this however you like, but using Non-Oakley lenses is wrong. It defeats the purpose of Oakley. It's like replacing the engine from a Ferrari, with one of a Saturn.

This. I know its hard, but sometimes its just time to retire your glasses when the lenses are beyond use and you cant find new Oakley ones.

This. I know its hard, but sometimes its just time to retire your glasses when the lenses are beyond use and you cant find new Oakley ones.

so what, dump your $500 Romeo 1.0's and leave them to sit on a shelf? I think not. I agree that lenses are what oakley is all about, the optical quality. fair enough if its a half Jacket or a daily Omatter pair.. that has been superceded by a new model. but classic, expensive pairs, they just cant be dropped as easily. theres always custom cutting etc that helps, but if youre on the hunt for NOS lenses you may be out for a REAL long time, and i think a pair of relatively cheap stand-ins do fine for the meantime.

wrist said:

0b402714.jpg

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've read in a long time.

Back