• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I Am *NOT* Happy With Oakley Right Now....advice?

This is true SGH would probably have done nothing but I empathize too. I get some great personal help sometimes and with other CS it's just... Nothing . I know having a long order history made me broke but also gets them to go the extra mile at times... Sorry this happened to u. I doubt an employee stole them though.

They gave you your pick of any new pair? Sounds like they made it right as best as they could.

The price difference is on you if you didn't pre-negotiate that.

You weren't treated as well as you could have, but at least they did better than tell you "oops" and offer 20% off something new, or a new pair for $50, which is their usual reaction (albeit I haven't heard of them losing a frame sent in).

I think you have every right to be upset, but you accepted their resolution. The matter is closed to them and they made you happy (from what they can tell).

As far as the email goes - if someone sent me a handwritten letter at work I wouldn't likely send them back one. I don't even know if we have stamps or envelopes at work.

Do you work for a corporation, or in the business world? I don't see anything they did as atypical. No, as I said, it's not top notch customer service, but they could have just said "it's a guy who buys one pair a decade ago and wants us to care about him? go pound sand"

I ordered some Probation lenses and about a month later, I had to call and find out where they were... Whoops they were not ordered.. Charged to my account, but not ordered or shipped. My one and only experience with that department

Well... I sent in an Xmetal penny for a tuneup once,... After 3 weeks i call up and they had "MISPLACED" the package too. Seems like their inbox when you send frames in often have a habit of falling into the "warranty-replace" pile instead of going to the "repair" pile. Very shoddy, dont know if its the guy sorting the incoming boxes doing it intentionally.. More likely a lousy sorting system. They need to have frames come in specifically listed as "this is for Warranty replacement" or " this is here for service/repair".

Anyway i made em do the runaround to find it. And 2 days later, they did. When i sent an Xmetal XX and a Romeo2 in together, i made sure i called and chased em for the progress throughout (basically called at 3days to make sure it arrived and then a week later to see if it was done etc) and it came back safe.

That was oakley Australia btw.

Though I agree the OP may be overreacting, the rules of the forum are pretty clear:

Be Respectful
Though it should go without saying, you should be respectful of other members on this forum at all times! Here are some tips:
  • Don't flame/argue for no reason
  • If you have a problem with a member, you can contact a Moderator or Administrator. Do not start an argument in a public thread!
  • If you simply don't like a member, Ignore them! This is straight out of first grade.

Read more: http://www.oakleyforum.com/help/forum-rules#ixzz31GNpTzb5

Can't we all just get along?!?

I definitely feel for the op, it sucks. Oakley fixed the situation to the best of their ability in their eyes. What else can they do?

I feel like if you wanted more done about it, you should have said so during the process and not wait til after everything was all said and done.

I hope everything turns out they way you want it, and I'm glad you at least got a new pair. Best of luck!

Fair enough, I guess I was being a little immature. Apologies OP. I still think you're being a little unreasonable, but it does suck to lose something you like.

I've vented the same way when I got screwed. Dont bash the guy for getting upset. I'd be pretty ticked especially if it was a rx set I was doing. District managers for Oakley know me for when I get screwed but also when I get good service. See its a two way street. Too many times we only take the time to bitch but never compliment. Trust me as a restaurant manager I see it

i think the OP made this thread thinking "Im in this community, where people would understand my frustration and would support me because we have one common thing and that is for the love of oakley! i lost a beloved pair... oakley did what they could (but i guess their best wasnt good enough for me), and so i made this thread so that people would understand what i feel and say something to make me feel better"!..... so i think its been discussed before that "if we dont have any nice words to say then better not say it at all!"... i for one support the OP, if he feels that way then let us respect that! its not his mistake he lost his pair, oakley did! so let us support him than bash him! just my.2 cents...

There's not one of us on this forum that has'nt/wouldn't vent (bitch) if the it happened to them and no offence intended to OP but you had your choice and you made it and regarding "BoB" if it was you would you put you last name in an email if you taught some nut may hunt you down and peel your face off & wear it .

Any time i had an issue with Oakley's and made contact i couldn't have gotten a better service far better than Virgin (UK cable provider) ever gave me now there's a company you never want to deal with .

Latest Posts

Back