• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I Am SO SICK Of EBay And Paypal....

• Thread starter Deleted member 24
  • Start date
Well, as I expected, i received an email stating he is entitled to a refund once he returns the merchandise...well see what he actually ships back. I have a suspicion what i get back will be FAKE :-(!

F&%$
that´s some hard stuff!
hopefully you will get, what you send him before!!
please keep us updated . . .

How was he allowed to keep the merchandise AND get his money back? Paypal will release the funds back to the buyer once the item is returned with tracking info...I would have followed up. NO refund should be given until the mechadise is returned.....

Yeah, as far as I'm aware the only situation when an item doesn't have to be returned to a seller is when it has been proven to be fake (as with my instance). Buyers must return items using a tracked shipping method to prove it has been returned otherwise they shouldn't get a refund. So, BAPD77, if the buyer doesn't send it back to you using a tracked delivery service so they can prove they sent it and you got it then you should be able to say the item wasn't returned and they shouldn't get the refund. At least that's the policy as I understand it.

@jk-27
but what will happens, if he gets an empty parcel? if it has a tracking number, BAPD have to proof that the parcel was empty. . .
just in case open the parcel in your office in this way you have some witness!

I sold a pair of Tron Gascans I had last week through Paypal. The buyer received them today and immediately files a dispute saying the box had been opened and they were replaced with imitation Oakleys. I've been a collector for years and know the difference. Either this guy doesn't know the difference between real and fake Oakleys or HE replaced them with imitations and is trying to scam me. Anyhow, Paypal immediately withdraws the amount of the transaction amount from my Paypal account putting me in the negative until the dispute can be settled. So now, this guy has my glasses and Paypal has my money. I have neither. I understand they have to protect against scammers and the like, but I have over 400 eBay transactions and probably 500 Paypal transactions. I am a trusted, reliable trader. Shouldn't he have to prove I'm in the wrong? They have went completely to protecting buyers and completely away from protecting sellers. I've noticed this trend over the past few years where sellers can't leave buyers negative feedback, etc. I am so sick of it, I'm going to stop using both of them all together if the trend doesn't stop...

OFF RANT!

I alway's transfer the money from paypal into my bank account before i send goods. That way there is no money in my paypal account for them to take out. I have only had one dispute & that was thru ebay, they gave the buyer their money back but there was no money in my paypal account for them to take back. I argued the toss with ebay & provided evidence showing the good before they went out, copies of original invoices. In the end ebay agreed that the buyer had damaged the goods over the 3 weeks it took for them to put the claim in against me. Ebay paid the buyer out without collating evidence first & then agreed i owed them nothing, what a way to run a buisness. Paypal have links with ebay too, that's why it's their prefered method of payment. My only surgestion in future BAPD is to keep you paypal account empty of funds. Sorry to hear this bad news. One JERK has got a quality pair of sunglasses from a genuine guy. Lets hope he goes BLIND & therefore has no use for them in the future.

I'm sorry to hear, Stephen. Hope it all ends up well for you.

This is why i only buy/sell in person and in cash. This guarantees both parties get what they want.

How was he allowed to keep the merchandise AND get his money back? Paypal will release the funds back to the buyer once the item is returned with tracking info...I would have followed up. NO refund should be given until the mechadise is returned.....

Yup....EBay refunded his money and he got keep the goods. That really upset me. There was no "investigation" done by EBay. As oon as I responded to the dispute, I received an immediate response saying that neither the buyer or seller were at fault..and EBay would refund the money.

I alway's transfer the money from paypal into my bank account before i send goods. That way there is no money in my paypal account for them to take out. I have only had one dispute & that was thru ebay, they gave the buyer their money back but there was no money in my paypal account for them to take back. I argued the toss with ebay & provided evidence showing the good before they went out, copies of original invoices. In the end ebay agreed that the buyer had damaged the goods over the 3 weeks it took for them to put the claim in against me. Ebay paid the buyer out without collating evidence first & then agreed i owed them nothing, what a way to run a buisness. Paypal have links with ebay too, that's why it's their prefered method of payment. My only surgestion in future BAPD is to keep you paypal account empty of funds. Sorry to hear this bad news. One JERK has got a quality pair of sunglasses from a genuine guy. Lets hope he goes BLIND & therefore has no use for them in the future.

Actually, I do the same. There was no money in the Paypal account, but my paypal account shows a negative balance for the price of the glasses he bought. I would just close the account, but it won't allow me to do so with a negative balance. If I get nothing back or fakes back, I will never resolve the negative balance. I do have the money, but hate having the negative balance. Luckily, I haven't spent that money :D!

Anyhow, I guess I didn't explain it well, but the money is in my bank account, my pp account is just negative now!

Actually, I do the same. There was no money in the Paypal account, but my paypal account shows a negative balance for the price of the glasses he bought. I would just close the account, but it won't allow me to do so with a negative balance. If I get nothing back or fakes back, I will never resolve the negative balance. I do have the money, but hate having the negative balance. Luckily, I haven't spent that money :D!

Anyhow, I guess I didn't explain it well, but the money is in my bank account, my pp account is just negative now!

And the next time you get money into your paypal account i bet they draw it out to compensate the negative amount. It just doesn't seam fair, they have done no investigating & taken the word of a liar. Where's the justice in that. Good luck in resolving it.

Back