• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I bought fake gascans so you dont have to. Heres what you need to know!!!

Brian D

Oakley Enthusiast
Well I bought replica / fake gascans to see and tell you what to look out for.

I'm honestly impressed with them. They feel right, look right, are polorized (yup they passed the test), and dont feel like junk.

So lets start this post from the start.

Facebook market place. $55 gascans WOW!!! They are polorized and the yellow ones in the bottom have a deer logo where it would normally say polarized. Toss in a real oakley box in the back of the photo. And a fake bag as the first red flag. Overall impressive enoff to make me buy a pair.
Capture.JPG

So I waited, and I got them!!! First off they came in a nice fake case with a fake bag.
IMG_2374.jpg

As for the Gascans I had to grab another pair of real ones to start looking them over. First issue is the oakley logo is not colored plastic but a venal wrap.

1.jpg

The next big thing is the arms and front are caste differently and are missing the two numbers impressions.
2.jpg

Real arm cast look like this below. You can see the tab the brake off so its not a clean smooth surface at the end. Also you can see it does not have a casting round mark like the fakes, but it does have the two number impression.
IMG_2358.PNG

Next is they all have the same fake number on them. 03-471 6017
3.jpg

Another small detail is the hole at the hing is just a little smaller then the real ones.
4.jpg

So this is not everything wrong with them vs the original but Ive got to say other than the logo peel you could not tell these are fakes / replica if you saw someone wearing them. Mostly all the issues are inside the joints with the manufacturing of the casts.

If anyone has quesstions ill be glad to answer and show off more details.

Well I bought replica / fake gascans to see and tell you what to look out for.

I'm honestly impressed with them. They feel right, look right, are polorized (yup they passed the test), and dont feel like junk.

So lets start this post from the start.

Facebook market place. $55 gascans WOW!!! They are polorized and the yellow ones in the bottom have a deer logo where it would normally say polarized. Toss in a real oakley box in the back of the photo. And a fake bag as the first red flag. Overall impressive enoff to make me buy a pair.
View attachment 917766

So I waited, and I got them!!! First off they came in a nice fake case with a fake bag.
View attachment 917768

As for the Gascans I had to grab another pair of real ones to start looking them over. First issue is the oakley logo is not colored plastic but a venal wrap.

View attachment 917769

The next big thing is the arms and front are caste differently and are missing the two numbers impressions.
View attachment 917770

Real arm cast look like this below. You can see the tab the brake off so its not a clean smooth surface at the end. Also you can see it does not have a casting round mark like the fakes, but it does have the two number impression.
View attachment 917771

Next is they all have the same fake number on them. 03-471 6017
View attachment 917772

Another small detail is the hole at the hing is just a little smaller then the real ones.
View attachment 917774

So this is not everything wrong with them vs the original but Ive got to say other than the logo peel you could not tell these are fakes / replica if you saw someone wearing them. Mostly all the issues are inside the joints with the manufacturing of the casts.

If anyone has quesstions ill be glad to answer and show off more details.
How the hell am I supposed to tell the difference when I buy em second hand? A dude send me photo of the serial number and it's the same as these fakes 03-471 60 17

How the hell am I supposed to tell the difference when I buy em second hand? A dude send me photo of the serial number and it's the same as these fakes 03-471 60 17

That first sequence of numbers is not a serial number, it’s a sku number, followed by the frame size.

Back