• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I Built A Coin Display To Go With The New Sunglasses Stand...

Since I built a sunglasses stand, I figured I needed to build a coin display. I looked around the house and in the garage I had a piece of mirror polished stainless steel that was a Synesso Espresso Machine emblem. I peeled off the Synesso sticker, and cleaned off all the glue residue. I then taped off the top to give me something to mark measurements on, and protect the polished stainless.

IMG_0381_zpsdf4572b8.jpg

Next I drilled the holes around the exterior. The laid out the coins. It took quite a while to get them laid out properly, and line up where to drill the holes that will hold up the coins.

IMG_0383_zpsaac1e0c4.jpg

Then it took a while to strip the tape, clean off the residue and add all the stainless bolts. After they were nice and tight, I took some time to polish the stainless again. I added the coins and this is what I ended up with. There are some pics of it inside the case also...

IMG_0385_zps7dce937e.jpg

IMG_0387_zpsd2d8c34a.jpg

IMG_0389_zps332cbcac.jpg

Awesome result as usual. The coin display turned out really nice and I really like the bolt accent. Looking forward to your next project.

Looks great!! Whats the coin on the right from? Never seen one. Keep up the good work.

That looks awesome!

I'm enjoying all of your creative, crafty DIY display pieces.

Thanks! I get bored when my wife is at work. TV is lame, and I like to tinker with stuff.
Awesome result as usual. The coin display turned out really nice and I really like the bolt accent. Looking forward to your next project.

Thanks! Do you have a suggestion for what I should build next? I'm not sure as to what to do now.
Looks great!! Whats the coin on the right from? Never seen one. Keep up the good work.

Thanks! The coin came with a pair of x-metal/ice iridium polarized Juliet's. when I got rid of the Juliet's, I threw in a different coin. I like this one a lot.

Back