• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I came up with a new invention for sunglasses. Is it a good idea?

Responded! Just make sure your frames are just as exciting as your lenses, and you could be a Jim in the making 😉
Thanks. Yeah that's something I'm still unsure of. Whether it would be strictly a lens company, and fit the frames of other sunglasses, or one that makes the sunglasses along with the lenses. I'm leaning towards making the sunglasses as well. I'll just photoshop the "o" logo" out of the Oakleys and replace it with a brand new logo.

Just so you know, this is already a thing.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I did a lot of research to make sure that this wasn't an existing product yet. I didn't see this... But what I had in mind is different anyway. Yeah this company uses the magnets but they're attached at the bridge. Mine would come individually, so you could use two different color lenses at once if you wanted. Also, they don't offer that many colors. Mine would offer a a huge variety. Another thing, the color lens attachments for mine would be inexpensive - not polarized. Just thin, clear plastic with translucent cellophane type material of various colors, glued to it. The base lens would be black and that would be the good quality lens you would always see through. You can wear the black lens as is, or add the color ones if you want. This company doesn't have a fixed black lens in place. The frame style is kinda lame too, I wouldn't wear these. I don't like lenses that are attached like that. Reminds me of Bret The Hitman Harts huge pink sunglasses.

done. not sure about lenses with colored plastic. and putting one on top of another? doesn't matter how close they are, there will be some kind of refraction causing vision impairment.
1614914691041.png

Latest Posts

Back