• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I can't be the only person this angers..

You are mainly correct, because they don't use TM's in most of these offerings. Oakley used to have one person, a guy named Tom Doyle who was responsible for Intellectual Property rights enforcement. One guy, then they let him go and apparently did not replace him because he would have VERO'd the listings using "X metal" in short order since Oakley still has the TM for X metal". Romeo/Mars I do not believe Oakley ever TM'd and if they did probably let them lapse so those listings would be immune. But any listing using "X metal" could be easily enforced.
1601390115794.png

You are mainly correct, because they don't use TM's in most of these offerings. Oakley used to have one person, a guy named Tom Doyle who was responsible for Intellectual Property rights enforcement. One guy, then they let him go and apparently did not replace him because he would have VERO'd the listings using "X metal" in short order since Oakley still has the TM for X metal". Romeo/Mars I do not believe Oakley ever TM'd and if they did probably let them lapse so those listings would be immune. But any listing using "X metal" could be easily enforced.
View attachment 794102

They did re-up the rights to the Romeo and Juliet logos fairly recently

Slightly off topic but what annoys me is when someone lists an item and then adds all the marquee pieces
e. g. Oakley A wire glasses good condition Romeo Penny Juliet Medusa

I just spend half my time clearing pointless emails from ebay out of my inbox.........

If I were considering a Romeo I'd get one of these to see how they fit before I pursued the real thing.

Back