• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I can't find any info on this case I have

I don't think it's unreasonable to charge similar prices to other single wides, with a premium for what it is. Some of the more hardcore guys might want it to install in the wall.

But display cases are super hard to price to begin with. Circumstance, condition, location, features, and the buyer's level of motivation all play a big part.

Where I live in Michigan there are not many cases that pop up. Mostly eyeglass stores or adventure sports/racing shops that had towers, but a lot end up as DVD cases or whatever. They're out there, but it's not SoCal or Texas where you can pick up one every weekend it seems. So there's a guy who's been trying to sell a standard old single wide for $500 for the last few years. No one is biting. The same case at that price might be a steal if the buyer is really motivated and is in a more remote area where finding a case is quite difficult.

If you found the right buyer you might be able to get $1,000 due to the nature of its design and relative rarity. Most people I assume wouldn't value the case that high and would just use it as a case, as you are. The absolute minimum I would say is $250, but $500 would be a good starting point.

Some of the long time guys that have full display rooms might be more interested or be able to help. Dann at O-Review, for example. I'd give him a shout.

I don't think it's unreasonable to charge similar prices to other single wides, with a premium for what it is. Some of the more hardcore guys might want it to install in the wall.

But display cases are super hard to price to begin with. Circumstance, condition, location, features, and the buyer's level of motivation all play a big part.

Where I live in Michigan there are not many cases that pop up. Mostly eyeglass stores or adventure sports/racing shops that had towers, but a lot end up as DVD cases or whatever. They're out there, but it's not SoCal or Texas where you can pick up one every weekend it seems. So there's a guy who's been trying to sell a standard old single wide for $500 for the last few years. No one is biting. The same case at that price might be a steal if the buyer is really motivated and is in a more remote area where finding a case is quite difficult.

If you found the right buyer you might be able to get $1,000 due to the nature of its design and relative rarity. Most people I assume wouldn't value the case that high and would just use it as a case, as you are. The absolute minimum I would say is $250, but $500 would be a good starting point.

Some of the long time guys that have full display rooms might be more interested or be able to help. Dann at O-Review, for example. I'd give him a shout.
Back when I was doing renovations a ****load of these would have been a great idea. Now? Nope.

Stuck with all my 3.1s

Yeah I agree, the average person who may be interested probably will not realize any rarity and be turned off by a price that reflects that. I'll just wait it out, it's not something I have to sell immediately, but possibly the right person will come across it

Latest Posts

Back