So, I managed to find a BNIB Plasma/Ice Polarized Half-X a few months ago. Everyone knows the weak link in the frame are the spring hinges. I figured I wanted to try and find a broken frame for sale so that I could have some spare parts if I ever needed em. Last week I came across a buy it now auction on the bay, it was a complete X-metal/Warm grey set but had a broken hinge, exactly what I was looking for. The price was good so I jumped on it. I had a thought at the time that I may try and fix the broken pair and be able to add another Half-x to my collection at a fraction of the cost of an unbroken pair. Worst case scenario, I wasn't able to fix em and would have spare parts. When the pair arrived I was pleasantly surprised, the lenses were much better than I anticipated, the rubbers were good and the frame had only a few small marks. So I decided to put in some effort and try to fix them: Called Oakley service in Canada hoping they may have some leftover hinges - no dice Checked local prescription eye wear stores to see if they had any spring hinges that I could easily modify to fit - no dice Scoured the intertubez to see if I could find any - I did find a few places that had spring hinges but they weren't exactly the same type of collar as the Half-x hinge. Make my own - I like working on **** like this so I decided to make an attempt. Can't be that hard right So here is a step by step of my work. Feel free to ask questions, I'm more than happy to answer. 1. Started with this: 2. Took the broken part of the hinge out and got a fresh piece of steel for the job. 3. Glued the broken parts back together so that I could lay them on the piece of steel. I then sprayed primer over the two so that I had a perfect copy left on the fresh piece of steel. 4. Then I was able to make some rough cuts to get a general shape: 5. Here is where the amount of time invested started adding up lol. Started sanding the shape. Constantly having to be checking back to the original to make sure I wasn't removing too much material. Also on this step I started rounding the "tail". 6. Test fitting in the arm... spent soooo much time getting the fitment just right. The key here is to sand a little then test... then sand a little and test again. 7. Again, testing the fitment. This time is the little collar bit that slides up the tail and fits outside the head: 8. Testing/Fitting the spring and washer at the tip. 9. Taking shape... checking dimensions vs. the original part: 10. More sanding and fine tuning... also drilled the hole here. 11. More sanding/filing and fine tuning. At this point I did some finish sanding with some fine grit wheels. I also polished the part here. I was seeing the finish line! 12. Final assembly of the new spring hinge. 13. Installed in the glasses. Now I have a complete usable pair The hinge works great. Better than I expected if I'm honest. Overall I'm really happy with the results. Took me about 5 to 6 hours total. Quite a bit of time invested but totally worth it to bring a pair back from the dead and hey, let's not kid ourselves, I'm sure the hinges will break again at some point so now I know I can fix em myself. Having put in work myself also makes this pair that much more cool to me.