• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I did something today and I blame all of you...

So my wife and I went to visit the Oakley Vault in Charlotte, NC today on a spur of the moment trip. I wanted to have her try on various styles so we can get her a prescription set soon. (She has decided on the Crosshairs if they can hold her prescription).

I picked up a set of green earsocks for my Flak 2.0s. Then I started trying on various styles. Gascans, Jawbreakers, I even found some Madmans on sale (NOT my style, LOL). My wife called me over and had me try on a set of silver Badman frames. They were really cool, with the bridge portion in clear O-matter. They were on sale for $189 and they would have been another 25% off. I was about to make an impulse buy when the salesman brought these out. As soon as I saw them, I pulled the trigger. After the sale price and the 25% off, I got them for $189!! Super stoked.

My wife mentioned I needed a new backpack for work and they had some for $21 on sale. I looked at them and decided to get the Kitchen Sink bag instead. Yeah, it was on sale too. ($84).

The wife got a couple of hats on top of it all.

I need an intervention...

You're lucky that your spouse actually goes to the store with you to check out glasses. Mine goes to the Pink store beside the Oakley store to get her own stuff...

You're lucky that your spouse actually goes to the store with you to check out glasses. Mine goes to the Pink store beside the Oakley store to get her own stuff...

I'd rather my chick try on some nice stuff; get her distracted on how she's gonna please us while we hide our addictive o gear :D

I did something today (and over the weekend... and two weekends ago) and I continue to blame all of you...

I went to Ikea and picked up a Detolf case for myself and a F case for the wife. I assembled the case today. That part isn't your collective fault.

I was once happy with my Square Wire 2.0s. Then I got my RX Flak 2.0s and I found this forum. That's when it became your fault. ;) Since that day, the following has happened:

I made my first pilgrimage to the nearest Vault up in Charlotte that was documented on the first page of this thread. Added a pair of Badmans to the collection.

I picked up two pair of glasses from a guy for $25 a couple of cities away. One pair are older XX that are missing the earsocks but are in great shape otherwise (I need a hook up on earsocks). These are for my son so he can learn how to appreciate and care for Oakleys. The second set are E- wires that have a scuffed lens. Either way, not bad for $25!

Yesterday I made another trip to the Vault with an F&F code in hand. I bought a cool polo shirt on clearance and the wife helped pick out a set of Half Jackets with a color scheme reminiscent of the old Porsche Gulf car with Violet Iridium lenses. I went to the other Vault a few miles away to see what they had and saw a sign that said buy a pair at full price and get a clearance set for 1/2 off. I was disappointed that I had not seen the sign at the other store until the associate I was chatting with said he could help make it work. Done deal! I ended up leaving with a clear Triggerman with the Torch Iridium lenses as well. Oh yeah, I also got a free Oakley ball marker for buying a brand new set. 14973026950101185811784.jpg 20170602_180256.jpg 20170611_214036.jpg 20170611_145722.jpg 20170611_173450.jpg 1497302878436357811023.jpg

I'm now up to seven pair counting my son's. I'm not addicted. I can stop any time I want to. I just don't want to.

I did something today (and over the weekend... and two weekends ago) and I continue to blame all of you...

I went to Ikea and picked up a Detolf case for myself and a F case for the wife. I assembled the case today. That part isn't your collective fault.

I was once happy with my Square Wire 2.0s. Then I got my RX Flak 2.0s and I found this forum. That's when it became your fault. ;) Since that day, the following has happened:

I made my first pilgrimage to the nearest Vault up in Charlotte that was documented on the first page of this thread. Added a pair of Badmans to the collection.

I picked up two pair of glasses from a guy for $25 a couple of cities away. One pair are older XX that are missing the earsocks but are in great shape otherwise (I need a hook up on earsocks). These are for my son so he can learn how to appreciate and care for Oakleys. The second set are E- wires that have a scuffed lens. Either way, not bad for $25!

Yesterday I made another trip to the Vault with an F&F code in hand. I bought a cool polo shirt on clearance and the wife helped pick out a set of Half Jackets with a color scheme reminiscent of the old Porsche Gulf car with Violet Iridium lenses. I went to the other Vault a few miles away to see what they had and saw a sign that said buy a pair at full price and get a clearance set for 1/2 off. I was disappointed that I had not seen the sign at the other store until the associate I was chatting with said he could help make it work. Done deal! I ended up leaving with a clear Triggerman with the Torch Iridium lenses as well. Oh yeah, I also got a free Oakley ball marker for buying a brand new set. View attachment 347409 View attachment 347410 View attachment 347411 View attachment 347412 View attachment 347413 View attachment 347414

I'm now up to seven pair counting my son's. I'm not addicted. I can stop any time I want to. I just don't want to.
:rofl:

Back