• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I Dissected My Gearboxes! Risky N Crazy =D

CrazyALee

I should Work at Oakley
CA, USA
1. Use the blue rectangular tool to unscrew the back cover
2. Use sharp pointy object to push in the arrow indicating hole and gently and carefully unscrew and pull out crown

DSC05354_zpse5e9095c.jpg

Theres a white plastic cover, mainly to hold the battery and movement in place, comes right out.
DSC05352_zps8eee5ac4.jpg

Heres the movement wih the white plastic cover removed. (I know, the crown stem is back in)
DSC05255_zpsd0c1efb6.jpg

Pretty carbon fiberrrrrrrrrr
DSC05340_zpse3ffa1ef.jpg

Tube thread integrated in the case for the screw down crown feature.
DSC05342_zps17b354ee.jpg

Close up of the crown and stem
DSC05344_zps4dc59171.jpg

and the case itself with crystal
DSC05341_zps39e205f0.jpg

Back to normannnnnn
DSC05310_zps31997796.jpg
:)

I assume if it had been reinstalled with the dial upside down it would still work and then be basically a gearbox with the knob in the more traditional 3:00 position...

Then he could sell it on ebay as an "ULTRA RARE UNIQUE CUSTOM GEARBOX ONLY ONE LIKE IT IN THE WORLD $27K BIN!!!"

What inspired you to dissect your gearbox to just put it back together? just curious.

For the white one, I recently had the battery replaced, so I wanted to see how I could do it myself one day.

For the titanium, I bought it through, and unfortunately I kind of overlooked the screw-down crown, it was threaded/stripped so when I tried screwing it back down, it wouldnt. I didnt notice at the time of sale...long story short I had to replace the crown

I assume if it had been reinstalled with the dial upside down it would still work and then be basically a gearbox with the knob in the more traditional 3:00 position...

Then he could sell it on ebay as an "ULTRA RARE UNIQUE CUSTOM GEARBOX ONLY ONE LIKE IT IN THE WORLD $27K BIN!!!"

Haha if only so, however its not possible because the dial is one whole piece with the movement assembly, and theres only 1 opening where the crown would go in to adjust the time, which is the 9 o clock position

Latest Posts

Back