• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I Hate Luxottica Post

I may be a moderator but that doesn't mean I don't have personal opinions. I have deleted the original post.

Sorry, I realize now what I said before was harsh. But isn't it true? Isn't that why we love and wear Oakley in the first place?
Apology accepted.

As a mod, you absolutely have a right to express your personal opinions but should probably do so in a manner that is respectful to forum members. I myself am on staff on a forum that has close to 63,000 members and part of our job as staff is to want to make our members stay, not leave. Nothing quite ruins a member's experience like a disrectful staff member.

Historically, this is exactly what Lib Main Stream media (especially 60 minutes, if they didnt invent it) tries to invoke in its audience.
Dissent.
We (some of us) have been played like a piano. Remember 3-wheelers, Iran Contra, Bush?

edit: No ones complaining about foxconn... throwing away their iphones, PCs, car stereos, and tablets.

Historically, this is exactly what Lib Main Stream media (especially 60 minutes, if they didnt invent it) tries to invoke in its audience.
Dissent.
We (some of us) have been played like a piano. Remember 3-wheelers, Iran Contra, Bush?

edit: No ones complaining about foxconn... throwing away their iphones, PCs, car stereos, and tablets.
Not quite. It would be true if Foxconn owned Apple or the Microsoft XBox 360 department, which they don't. Foxconn just manufactures and only manufactures. They do not own any of the proprietary licenses to the things they manufacture in terms of design and function. The companies that design the things do. This is not the case with Luxottica. Luxottica owns Oakley and therefore owns all of Oakley's proprietary designs. Foxconn does no own the license of Apple or XBox 360 products or anything else they manufacture for.

On top of that, Lux not only owns the licenses of the brands they sell in terms of sunglasses, they own the manufacturing of them as well as the distribution and retail which is essentially a monopoly. Foxconn does not own the licenses of the things they make and they do not own the distribution of the items either.

A monopoly exists when one company controls all aspects of a market. If there were no companies producing eyewear outside of Luxottica it would be a monopoly.

Owning design, sales, marketing, distribution, etc is called something else that escapes me.

A monopoly exists when one company controls all aspects of a market. If there were no companies producing eyewear outside of Luxottica it would be a monopoly.

Owning design, sales, marketing, distribution, etc is called something else that escapes me.
Correct. Lux isn't quite there in terms of an monopoly but they definitely have pretty much cornered a majority of the market in terms of luxury eyewear.

Back