• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I have a question :D

Catherine dillinger

Oakley Beginner
Has any of the nice people here who have added modifications to their Oakley display case...mounted mirrors on the outside?..so they can see themselves while trying on their collection of lovely sunglasses? Similar to like when you go to buy a new pair of prescription specs...the shop is usually full of mirrors...

I know some have added them to the inside...perhaps at the back...which adds to the whole look of the case...just wondered if anyone had added anything to the outside...:)

Catherine

Has any of the nice people here who have added modifications to their Oakley display case...mounted mirrors on the outside?..so they can see themselves while trying on their collection of lovely sunglasses? Similar to like when you go to buy a new pair of prescription specs...the shop is usually full of mirrors...

I know some have added them to the inside...perhaps at the back...which adds to the whole look of the case...just wondered if anyone had added anything to the outside...:)

Catherine
Oh yeah....that looks really cool....my thoughts were actually about adding something to the rear of our case where you take the glasses out to put them on...perhaps similar to how a car wing mirror works...but either electronically or manually goes back in...if that makes any sense...

Then I came up with another thought...from what I have seen...most people have their cases against a wall...so what I would have thought was the back (where the doors are) might actually be the front (for easier access) and you would probably want the mirror where the access point is? So it would need to be pretty and not look like something just stuck on there?

C.

Oh yeah....that looks really cool....my thoughts were actually about adding something to the rear of our case where you take the glasses out to put them on...perhaps similar to how a car wing mirror works...but either electronically or manually goes back in...if that makes any sense...

Then I came up with another thought...from what I have seen...most people have their cases against a wall...so what I would have thought was the back (where the doors are) might actually be the front (for easier access) and you would probably want the mirror where the access point is? So it would need to be pretty and not look like something just stuck on there?
Door side is the front side, yes.

Door side is the front side, yes.

Yeah...that didn't actually occur to me...until I thought about the access point...although...as all three other sides look the same...I guess it would not matter if the door side was the side of the cabinet rather than the front...unless of course...you have more than one and have them side by side...

C.

Yeah...that didn't actually occur to me...until I thought about the access point...although...as all three other sides look the same...I guess I would not matter if the door side was the side of the cabinet rather than the front...unless of course...you have more than one and have them side by side...

C.
To add to this, most people here have their glasses in a display case because it makes it easier to choose a pair to wear- grab and go. Its ease of access to multiple pairs and the doors are opened and closed regularly. I'd imagine for some members here that probably occurs several times a day. At all the Oakley stores and vaults I've been to the doors stay open all day usually and get locked up at night. Smaller retailers tend to leave theirs closed until someone asks to see a pair to avoid theft.

I also have another question :D

On the display cases with the storage cabinet underneath...what to Oakley enthusiasts actually use this for?

I realize that these units were originally made for store display...so they would probably keep their stock in there...

I just wondered what collectors used theirs for...the little cases off their glasses they have in the display part? Or something else...?

C.

I also have another question :D

On the display cases with the storage cabinet underneath...what to Oakley enthusiasts actually use this for?

I realize that these units were originally made for store display...so they would probably keep their stock in there...

I just wondered what collectors used theirs for...the little cases off their glasses they have in the display part? Or something else...?

C.
Extra lenses, rubber, unused display stands, body parts of loved ones, cleaning kits, boxes for the pairs displayed in the case, etc.

To add to this, most people here have their glasses in a display case because it makes it easier to choose a pair to wear- grab and go. Its ease of access to multiple pairs and the doors are opened and closed regularly. I'd imagine for some members here that probably occurs several times a day. At all the Oakley stores and vaults I've been to the doors stay open all day usually and get locked up at night. Smaller retailers tend to leave theirs closed until someone asks to see a pair to avoid theft.

Yes...understood...

I would have thought most stores would have kept them locked...because of the high value of the contents...but I guess nowadays...a lot of stores have that electronic tagging thingy....where if you walk out the door with them down your knickers :prankster: an alarm goes off...

C.

Yes...understood...

I would have thought most stores would have kept them locked...because of the high value of the contents...but I guess nowadays...a lot of stores have that electronic tagging thingy....where if you walk out the door with them down your knickers :prankster: an alarm goes off...

C.
Oakley stores and vaults have a small clip on security device that clamps on to an ear stem that also lists the price for the pair its attached to. It let's you try them on without asking for help and in theory also keeps you from walking out with them. Authorized retailers don't have those devices so their cases are usually closed.

Back