• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I have a question :D

Hopefully I answered your questions.

You did...and thanks for the time you took to do that...and the amount of thought put into your detailed explanation...it explains a lot...

I think it is interesting that your cases remain dust free...although these cases are sturdy and well made...and really are fantastic in design...they do have a lot of gaps for the dust to get in...It is obvious that you take great care of your valuable collection...mind you...these cases were never really made for home use...and in a retail environment I think the scenario would be much different in terms of dust etc...Plexi...as I am sure you are probably aware is notoriously hard to clean...almost as hard as aluminum (aluminium is Scottish lol) it is amazing how many people are not educated on the cleaning aspect...and in a lot of cases displays get ruined because they use the wrong stuff for cleaning...

Thanks again for your valuable info...it is very much appreciated...

C.

You did...and thanks for the time you took to do that...and the amount of thought put into your detailed explanation...it explains a lot...

I think it is interesting that your cases remain dust free...although these cases are sturdy and well made...and really are fantastic in design...they do have a lot of gaps for the dust to get in...It is obvious that you take great care of your valuable collection...mind you...these cases were never really made for home use...and in a retail environment I think the scenario would be much different in terms of dust etc...Plexi...as I am sure you are probably aware is notoriously hard to clean...almost as hard as aluminum (aluminium is Scottish lol) it is amazing how many people are not educated on the cleaning aspect...and in a lot of cases get ruined because they use the wrong stuff for cleaning...

Thanks again for your valuable info...it is very much appreciated...

C.
You're very welcome. :)

I think that may have been my longest post ever.

Well. The cases in a retail environment get disgustingly dusty. They have to be constantly cleaned. My cases are immaculate but I attribute that to keeping a clean home.

Lol @ body parts :shock:

Okay....I just wondered...if they actually preferred that bit of storage...or would prefer that part also plexi....for more display space...guess it probably depends on the person...
I did this to one of my Cabinets. Removed the metal door and added a plexi door with the lock.

My other displays I use the bottom to store boxes, stands and doubles of items.

Oakley.JPG

Back