• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I Just Purchased The Tactical Six Boot

Miami Bad Boy BOSS

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys,

I called up Oakley the other day and put in an order for the Tactical Six boots. I was going to go with the SI 8", but being that I'm in Florida, I wasn't sure if they would have been too hot. So does anyone wear the Tact Six, and if so, what are your thoughts and opinions?

Thanks!

They do make Hot Weather versions of the SI boots. I wore my SI 6" and shoe through the summer and was fine. My 6" might be a hot weather I'm not sure, but it's a bit lighter weight than the shoe.

I don't own the Tactical Six, sorry I can't help there.

Yeah I thought of going with the Tan colour, but I like the black version much so much more. I should have ordered the SI 8" first, then returned them, if I didn't like them, for the Tact Six, but ehhh... it is what it is now. If I don't like the Six, then I'll probably opt for the SI 8".

Thanks for the post!

If you're going for the TacSix, why not move to the SI 6"? I have 8" steel toes and my SI boots are 6", I definitely like the 6 more. I wear khakis and the tan looks better to me than the black.

It was due to cost more than anything else; I didn't see a legit reason to sped a $50+ premium for the SI 6, over the Tact Six. Since I wear a lot of black and dark blue jeans, the black shoes, I think, flow better.

Its funny, as much as I am into Oakley I dont own a pair of the boots. I have the 5-11 boots with the side zipper. I never liked the arch in the SI boots when I tried them on.

Side Zippers are for lazy people. Thats why the Military won't allow them.

I realize that, but local government does so I will have to settle for that...... By the way, I will buy you your first pair of side zipper boots, when you decide to stop playing army men, and come work with me.....

Side Zippers are for lazy people. Thats why the Military won't allow them.

Or for first responders that need to take them off and jump in bunker gear...

Anyway, I have 4 pairs of SI boots. The standard 8 inch has vents to allow for breathing. I use them while on duty.

Danner's are the best, from what I hear.

It all depends on what you're using them for. Military, Police/Fire/EMS, or rec/"air soft"

Back