• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I love this forum but some people ....

Mg228

I should Work at Oakley
I absolutely love this forum and the people on it. For the most part. Everyone is good to me. If I have a question, they go out of their way to politely answer. If I make an offer and someone doesn’t accept, they kindly do so, which is also fair and more than fine with me. Some members have gone way out of their way to hook me up, sell me awesome pairs, and do amazing custom work for me.

When someone posts something for sale, and says ”or best offer”, that means they are open to hearing what you have to say. If they don’t like it, they will say “sorry, but that’s too low” and usually even work with you. If someone posts some for sale for let’s say $550, and you offer $450, and the initial reply is rude, and you politely say sorry, that’s all I’m willing to spend right now (maybe you spent $800 this month and that’s all you can offer at the time) , that’s a turn off. But then when they accept the offer, but under their terms, like sending friends and family, check, or money order, and you’d prefer not to, they decide to talk to you like you’re beneath them, and then when they say it’s $450 but you obviously can’t afford the $18 fees, that pisses me off. Most of us can afford whatever we want, but because with families and bills and real life, we set limits. I can pay $18 or $100 in fees, but that’s not the point. The point is most people are polite and know how to talk to people, but some don’t. If you don’t want to sell or accept an offer, just say it in a nice way. You aren’t obligated to do anything you don’t want to. But then when you’re ignored and blocked, and the sale is reposted for what you offered, and you continue to give people grief who are just curious, you’re really here to look for a fight or trouble. Some people never grow up, unfortunately.

Sorry for the rant, but I buy a good amount from everyone here, and I love this site. Everyone is great and it’s a good thing to be a part of. Maybe some people should go to people school and learn how to treat people. You’ve got a set of balls to tell someone what they can and can’t afford. I love you all, mostly, and thanks for all the great members.

Last edited:
0CA35B41-C400-4D2B-B77E-EFE1F56C4E31.jpeg

Just messing with you bro, I agree wholeheartedly.

Edit: Also, if they say you can’t afford it, I’d shoot it right back, because apparently they can’t either lol

Don't let bad people get under your skin and change you as a person. It's hard, and sometimes even I want to stay away when I see something that makes me mad. I just can't give anyone that might dislike me, the satisfaction of thinking they 'chased' me away. So I keep coming back. Big reason why I did this (see attached) recently, is to show, I ain't goin' anywhere. LOL. Just treat others as you wish to be treated. Respect is a two way street imo.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Don't let bad people get under your skin and change you as a person. It's hard, and sometimes even I want to stay away when I see something that make me mad. I just can't give anyone that might dislike me, the satisfaction of thinking they 'chased' me away. So I keep coming back. Big reason why I did this (see attached) recently, is to show, I ain't goin' anywhere. LOL. Just treat others as you wish to be treated. Respect is a two way street imo.

View attachment 841996
Is there an attachment?

I absolutely love this forum and the people on it. For the most part. Everyone is good to me. If I have a question, they go out of their way to politely answer. If I make an offer and someone doesn’t accept, they kindly do so, which is also fair and more than fine with me. Some members have gone way out of their way to hook me up, sell me awesome pairs, and do amazing custom work for me.

When someone posts something for sale, and says ”or best offer”, that means they are open to hearing what you have to say. If they don’t like it, they will say “sorry, but that’s too low” and usually even work with you. If someone posts some for sale for let’s say $550, and you offer $450, and the initial reply is rude, and you politely say sorry, that’s all I’m willing to spend right now (maybe you spent $800 this month and that’s all you can offer at the time) , that’s a turn off. But then when they accept the offer, but under their terms, like sending friends and family, check, or money order, and you’d prefer not to, they decide to talk to you like you’re beneath them, and then when they say it’s $450 but you obviously can’t afford the $18 fees, that pisses me off. Most of us can afford whatever we want, but because with families and bills and real life, we set limits. I can pay $18 or $100 in fees, but that’s not the point. The point is most people are polite and know how to talk to people, but some don’t. If you don’t want to sell or accept an offer, just say it in a nice way. You aren’t obligated to do anything you don’t want to. But then when you’re ignored and blocked, and the sale is reposted for what you offered, and you continue to give people grief who are just curious, you’re really here to look for a fight or trouble. Some people never grow up, unfortunately.

Sorry for the rant, but I buy a good amount from everyone here, and I love this site. Everyone is great and it’s a good thing to be a part of. Maybe some people should go to people school and learn how to treat people. You’ve got a set of balls to tell someone what they can and can’t afford. I love you all, mostly, and thanks for all the great members.

I couldn’t agree more. Sellers, there’s no reason to be a d**k even if you consider the offer a low ball.

We are a community of folks with a common interest. Let’s act like it.

Latest Posts

Back